My opinion on this weekends events.

My opinion on this weekends events.

In case anyone was wondering.

3
My opinion on this weekends events.

Call me naive, call me stupid, call me anti feminist, or racist, or whatever else you've been saying I am because I support Donald Trump, but for real I am a little confused.

Why protest the Inauguration? What is that doing for you other than creating a scene and promoting the violence that you claim you are so very afraid of? Those were not peacefully protests, they were violent and dangerous and honestly, completely unnecessary. I really would like to know what protesting the Inauguration was going to do? Not get your candidate elected, not even shifting the votes a little. Pretty much it seems to me that it did nothing. It is completely your right and you should have that, but to me it seems it was just a big way to show that you won't accept the facts of the election. You can't accept the fact that your side didn't win, and you're acting like a cry baby. Sorry but that's truly how it looks. You weren't going around preaching and protesting for a good cause, you were being violent and hateful because you don't like the outcome of the election. To me that doesn't make a lot of sense.

The next thing that confuses me is the women's march. Now before you jump down my throat and try and tell me why you marched let me explain. There is a march every year, however it is not now. It was only now in January because of the new president. In my opinion it seems that you used your normally, smart protest to make it about something else. In fact it doesn't seem to me that this march did anything for women's rights at all. It became something for the media to talk about, and another way to protest Donald Trump. The women's march isn't supposed to be about that. Isn't it supposed to be about demanding equal rights for women? By using your protest to push hate towards Donald Trump, all you're doing is that, promoting hate. You should have left well enough alone and had the march when it normally is: on International Women's Day, that to me would've made a bigger statement. I'm not saying don't march, if you want to good for you, but don't take the platform that was supposed to be for a good cause, and use it to be against something else. That is what doesn't make sense to me.

And lastly every person in the United States officially has a new president. You can say "not my president" all you want but until you move out of this country, he is a representative for the place you live and the people in that place. Rioting and protesting against him just doesn't make sense to me. Maybe it's because i've been a Donald Trump supporter for pretty much the entire election, but maybe it's also because I think this country deserves another fair chance.

I think it's time we all hope for a great country, and maybe stand behind our new president because for the next four years, he is OUR representative. Think about that when you want to protest.