My Love-Hate Relationship With The Gym

My Love-Hate Relationship With The Gym

Do you even lift?

103
My Love-Hate Relationship With The Gym

Dear Gym,

God, I hate you so much—but I know you only want the best for me. I’m sorry I randomly abandon you. I don’t blame you for having trust issues. It’s not that I don’t appreciate you; I just get too lazy to go over to you. I know if I want a toned stomach and toned legs, you’re the only one who can help. For that, thank you for never giving up on me.

I’ve been good to you pretty much all summer, but I can’t promise I’ll show you the same love once winter rolls around. You see, the cold weather and snow make me even lazier (and we all know how lazy I already am). But, I’ll try my best to visit you as much as I can.

If there is one thing I love about you, it’s the way you smell. There’s something about that new leather smell as soon as I walk through the doors that makes me keep on going. Not to mention, the refreshed feeling I get as soon as I’m done working out. It’s as if you know exactly what I like.

But that still doesn’t take away the fact that I hate it. We really need to get some things straightened out. No matter how great you may smell or make me feel once I’m done working out, the actual act of riding the stationary bike or running on the treadmill isn’t quite working for me. I don’t know about anyone else, but it’s not fun. I’m sorry. I know I have to suck it up; I just thought I’d let you know how I really felt.

So, I guess I’ll see you again in a couple weeks.

Sincerely,

Your worst and best friend.