To My Little

To My Little

The best thing greek life gave me

4
To My Little
Carlyn Romeo

To My Little,

You truly are my biggest blessing. When I Joined my sorority I knew I would get a big and I knew I would love her, and I do. My big is an amazing person and I am so grateful for her. She inspires me with everything she does and accomplishes. When I joined my sorority I would have never imagined getting a little that turned into my best friend. Since I had joined my sorority, as SophomoreSpring Recruitment 2016 was my first formal recruitment as a sister. I had been very nervous that I would not know what to talk about or I wouldn’t find a girl that I could see as my little. That was until you walked into the room. I had known you previously but I could’ve never imagined being where we are now. The day I read you your pref letter was the day I knew I needed you as my little. The way you reacted to seeing me reading that letter gave me the chills. A few months had gone by since then and now it was time for big-little week. I was so nervous making you your crafts and hoping you would love them. Getting to see your face every night as you opened your present put the biggest smile on my face. I knew in that moment that I had found my other half.

You make me so proud everyday to call you my little. The things you have overcome and dealt with in life inspire me. Although you are my little and younger then me I look up to you. I look up to you and see all the amazing things you have in store for the rest of your life. Your kindness and compassion never stops surprising me. I am so grateful that we will have gotten to spend 3 semesters together. Once those semesters are over and its time for me to leave this chapter and our family in your hands I will not have a single worry. I know that when the day comes for you to take a little she will be your biggest blessing and your best friend. I know that she will make you proud every day just like you make me. I know that you will be there to guide her and help her when she needs you the most. I know that our love for this chapter and our family will only grow knowing I’m leaving you behind in charge of it. Even if I don’t tell you enough I am proud, proud of whom you were, proud of whom you have become and proud of the person I know you will be. I am proud to be you’re big. I want you to know one thing, whether I am a senior at the university of Hartford or an adult in the real world, I will always be here for you. Today tomorrow and forever. Thank you for walking into my life and never leaving. You have made me one proud big.