Lebron James: 5 Things I Would Like To Thank My Hero For

Thank you for teaching me the most important life lessons.

NBA superstar, Lebron James is my hero. I am inspired by his abilities to play basketball, but more than that the wonderful qualities he posses as a human being.

1. Hard work is everything. Lebron James despite being a three time NBA Champion, and 4 time MVP still plays like he has something to prove. He is second highest in minutes played per game. The list goes on and on. I am inspired by his work ethic and drive to be consistent. In college, consistency is key and having the motivation to sustain the pressure is essential. Watching Lebron James, strengthens my motivation to strive for greatness in my own life.

2. Home is the where the heart is. When Lebron James made the move from his previous team, The Miami Heat, he decided to go back to his hometown of Cleveland to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers. He rebuilt the team and won another championship in 2016. I learned that is is essential to be grounded to your roots and where you come from. Being in college, it is easy to lose touch with home, especially if you live on campus and only come home for holidays. However, it is vital to understand that home is where your loved ones reside and it is important to feel and strengthen the connection you have with it.

3. Become a leader, but someone who brings out the best in others. Lebron James is tremendous leader and has proven it from time to time. His leadership is showcased through other players. When other players play under the leadership of James, they become better and mature basketball players. He encourages and teaches them as well as shows them a vision of what it would be like to achieve the greatest success. In my own life, I strive to be a leader, not to show off my power but to make a difference in the world by helping people. Compassion drives my desire to become a leader.

4. Have faith in god. After Lebron James won his championship in 2016, in an emotional interview he quoted that. "God does not put you through anything that you cannot handle". This is a beautiful quote because it tells you that you are capable of handling what life throws at you because of the inner strength that you posses. This is very inspiring because it gives you perspective on life, that you have to fight through life with a strong mind and a compassionate heart.

5. Family will always have your back. James is a family man. He is always talking about his mother, wife, and kids. He constantly credits them for keeping him humbled and values the time that he has to spend with them. In my own experiences, my family has always supported me and helped me through tough times. At the end of the day, they are the only people who are actually going to pick you up when you have fallen down. Keeping my family as close as possible is very important to me.

Thank You Lebron, for being my hero and constantly teaching me on how to be a better person everyday.

So much love for you.