My Friends Are Inanimate Objects

My Friends Are Inanimate Objects

Why things that don't move or talk are better than things that do.

1198
My Friends Are Inanimate Objects
google images

Inanimate objects are the greatest friends you can have. Unlike living, breathing, high-functioning people, inanimate objects have no one to ditch you for, no reasons to cancel on you, and they will always be waiting for you to come home. And it's not like they hate you for making them wait; they freaking love it. They will wait forever and a day, just for you. Think about how happy you are to come home to your bed at night? Now smile, because they feel the same way.

Thank God for my bed. It will absolutely never leave me. It welcomes me with open arms whether I am happy, sad, tired, or jumping up and down on it. My pillow is always there to hold my tears and enjoys picturing my dreams when I wake up at 2 a.m. Crisp, white sheets lower me into sleep, a warm welcome into the night.

My clothes line up in my closet, waiting to be chosen as I comb through the hangers. They smile as they become worn on various occasions. My mirror looks at me when no one else will, when my hair is out of place or when I refuse to put in effort. Makeup picks up my face, lightens my under eyes, blushes my cheeks.

My door will lock and keep me safe, lights on and off to brighten my vision and darken my nights. Music will play until my computer idles, but these things will always find a way to come back when they leave, comforting me, befriending me.

Notebooks will hear me pour my worries, successes, secrets. These objects aren't the best helpers when it comes to resolving conflicts, discussing problems, gossiping, etc. But they were always there when you need to vent, need a place to sleep, or just need a friend.

Hello, friend. I'm home.