Muscular Women

10 Struggles All Muscular Women Understand

The struggle is real...

198

Women's body types have been a hot topic of conversation for years, and we know all the labels: pear-shaped, apple-shaped, thin, curvy, plus size, skinny, hourglass, "slim-thicc"...the adjectives go on forever. People seem to forget that muscular women often have a type all their own, and may not fit into one box because of their unique features! Here are some things that make athletic women say, "Relatable!"

1. Finding clothes to fit your body type

If the jeans fit over your quads, they most certainly will be too big in the waist, and vice versa. Forget about boots that come past your ankles; you know your calves won't allow for that mess! And don't get me started on t-shirt sleeves that fit your biceps like a blood pressure cuff.

2. "So are you a cheerleader or a gymnast?"

Because apparently, if you're a woman with muscle, you can only be one of the two...unless you're a Crossfitter. No other female athletes, coaches, or physical professions.

3. Getting asked to fight someone

I don't want it to come to that, but it might if you keep saying dumb crap. How can you tell that just by looking at me, anyway? Fit does not equal aggressive.

4. "You look like a dude!"

I honestly cannot believe that this is a thing that is ever said, but it is. It's rude, misogynistic, and just wildly inaccurate.

5. Randos telling you that your muscle is "hot"

Usually, the people that say this don't actually know the women they're talking to, making the conversation very awkward and frustrating. Our muscle isn't for you anyways, it's for us! It serves our needs, not anyone else's.

6. "Do you ever eat?"

All. The. Time. Contrary to popular belief, muscle tone requires constant calorie intake to make up for how much you lose in exercise. And it's not all kale chips and quinoa either! Give me my chips!

7. That accomplished feeling of using your muscle in everyday life

Your buddy needs a lift? You got it! Late for class? Run those stairs like it's nothing! The possibilities for daily use of your muscles are endless!

8. "Will you train me?"

I'm trying to make a living off of coaching others, but sure, I'll give you privates for free...KIDDING! SHOW ME THE MONEY!

9. Backless shirts/dresses are everything

There's just no better reward for all those back/arm strength days.

10. The pros/cons of losing a bra size

Active women often lose chest mass as a result of constant activity. This can take some getting used to, but it often comes with its perks (no pun intended.) You are opened up to a whole new world of bralettes, bandeaus, and sun dresses!

The world of fit females has its ups and downs, but at the end of the day, you know your body well and you're aware of its value. It does Wonder Woman things for you every single day, and that's something to be proud of! No matter the commentary that anyone else has about your features and strengths, what matters is that you love yourself unconditionally, gains and all.