My Top 10 Movie Predictions For 2019

My Top 10 Movie Predictions For 2019

So many movies, so many more predictions to make...

22
My Top 10 Movie Predictions For 2019
CBS Productions

It seems as though film keeps getting better and better each year, and no one is complaining about it. From the never-ending superhero movie trends of today to the live-action remakes of animated classics, 2019 is filled with excitement for all movie-goers (as well as BIG money). Like any film fan, I love to make predictions about what's to come in the world of movies so I decided to share my thoughts here and see if I will be correct about some of them by year's end. Sit back, relax and grab some popcorn while I dive into my guesses for what's to come soon on the big-screen.

Something will happen to Tony Stark in "Avengers: Endgame"

media.giphy.com

We all know by now that the events of "Avengers: Infinity War" left the fate of our most favorite characters, as well as the entire MCU, in the dust still too soon? Audiences and die-hard Marvel fans have been speculating about how these characters who dusted will come back, but even more than this, they have been theorizing which Avengers will ultimately sacrifice themselves for the greater good of the universe. Whether they will travel back in time and use the quantum realm, or an alternate timeline will take place, I have a gut feeling that our Iron Man will either have to die, go through some more serious stuff or even be wiped from existence completely based on this line Thanos said to him.

"Toy Story 4" will be more emotional than "Toy Story 3" despite popular belief

media.giphy.com

Even though we are all still recovering from the ending of "Toy Story 3" nine years later, there will be more tears in store when the fourth installment arrives this summer. With Tom Hanks and Tim Allen (a.k.a. Woody and Buzz Lightyear) saying that they couldn't even get through reading the last of the script and saying it's more emotional than the last film, how do you expect we're all going to react when we watch it?!

The "Aladdin" live-action remake will make fans fall back in love with the original but won't quite live up to it entirely

media.giphy.com

Although I am LIVING for these Disney live-action remakes, it should go without saying that I still worry about them potentially ruining the story in a way. Of course, nothing will beat the animated classics, whether these remakes are good or bad, but I believe they remind us that we love the stories so much. With this being said, I think the "Aladdin" live-action movie will take a new twist on the animated feature, and Will Smith will make a great Genie, but of course, it will never be the same without the late Robin Williams.

"Five Feet Apart" will become the new "Fault In Our Stars"- in a good way

media.giphy.com

Since this is based on a book I have never read and I've read "The Fault in Our Stars," I can't make the ultimate prediction, but by the looks of this trailer I think this movie is going to grip teen audiences by the gut with a new take on young love plus disease. I may be biased since I've always loved Cole Sprouse, but the hardcore "Riverdale" fans will make sure its box-office numbers will stay afloat.

"Captain Marvel" will introduce the most unique hero in the MCU

I know that everyone is super hyped for the first female-lead MCU movie, but what qualities will make up our new favorite hero? With her character having the capabilities of flight, time travel, super strength, invulnerability and having a "sixth sense," I think Captain Marvel will have the most unique list of powers the Avengers have seen yet.

Shazam will become a newly beloved superhero, and even a household name

gif.co

I'll admit it- I'm not the biggest DC fan or know much about their heroes besides Batman or Superman. What I do know, though, is that the Shazam trailers have really grabbed my attention since it shows a story we've never seen before in superhero movies yet. Since this hero is a kid who turns into a grown man with unbelievable powers by saying just one word, I think movie-goers will find their next favorite hero among the big roster in today's superhero-filled world.

A film based on "Hamilton: An American Musical" will be announced

Every time a massive book emerges from shelves or a musical becomes an overnight sensation, we always seem to hear news of a movie adaptation coming out (look at how fast the "Fifty Shades" series hit Hollywood). The most recent speculations of this trend have been revolving around "Hamilton," and seriously, why not? Whether Lin-Manuel Miranda will reprise his role as the title character or a new star will be born from landing the role, I truly believe we'll get news of pre-production or casting for this adaptation by the end of this year.

"Joker" will become a new favorite for fans of the character

media.giphy.com

The Joker has been a timeless character that is beloved through generations of fans of film, television and comic books. Coming into this year, we will be getting a new interpretation of the Clown Prince of Crime from Joaquin Phoenix, and set photos and teaser trailers make it all seem pretty promising. It may not beat out the late Heath Ledger's portrayal, of course, but hopefully, it may leave more of a lasting impression than Jared Leto's did with the majority of audiences.

"Spiderman: Far From Home" will take place after the events of "Avengers: Endgame," or in a new timeline for the MCU

media.giphy.com

The most recent and biggest question Marvel fans have had in regard to the latest movie news comes from the first "Spiderman: Far From Home" teaser trailer. It goes without saying that this teaser gave us way more than what we were expecting... except that the question still stands of why everyone is acting so normal after half the universe just disappeared. With the year of issue missing on Peter Parker's passport featured in the teaser, we know that Marvel is keeping the timeline under wraps, so this is just my educated guess in the wide world of Marvel plot speculations.

Disney will be the studio to earn the most money in box-office sales for the entire year

media.giphy.com

2019 will prove to be Disney's big year. With a slate of mega-blockbuster movies coming out all year round, from three MCU movies and Star Wars: Episode IX, to two live-action remakes of beloved classics and "Toy Story 4," Walt Disney Studios will be raking in more money than any other studio this year. I also hear record-breaking amounts in the distance... and they're not too far away either.