13 Life Lessons Gossip Girl Taught Us

I've been religiously watching "Gossip Girl" for the past six years now. I did not watch it when it first aired, but ever since it was put on Netflix, I jumped on the train and have not gotten off. It's the perfect show for your girl’s night, or if you need a good show to binge watch, you can't help but be captivated by Serena Vanderwoodsen's long blonde hair or Blair Waldorf's confidence. Not only does this show make you wish you lived on the Upper East Side, but it is extremely relatable.

1. "The problem with fairy tales is that they set a girl up for disappointment. In real life, the prince goes off with the wrong princess."

No matter how much you love someone, you cannot control how they feel about you. Life is full of disappointments. Sometimes you find out that your prince is actually just another frog. It's okay, though, because someone someday is really going to be your prince, and he'll be all yours.

2. "Be careful who you open up to. Only a few people actually care, the rest are just curious."

Do not take everyone as a caring heart, some just want to know your weakness and watch you fall. Some people just want to get ahead in life, and do not care who they take down to get there.

3. "Whoever said that money doesn't buy happiness didn't know where to shop."

Obviously money is not everything, but have you ever seen someone crying while walking around the mall with shopping bags? No? Neither have I.

4. "Maybe it's not blood bonds that make us family. Perhaps it's the people who know our secrets and love us anyway. So we can finally be ourselves."

Family is everything to me and I have friends who have become family. When you find people that love you, hold onto them.

5. "I followed my heart all last year and it led me nowhere. Now I need to follow my head."

Sometimes your heart is wrong–it's okay to not follow your heart.

6. "I am not a stop along the way, I am the destination."

Know your self-worth. You are so much more than that booty call.

7. "Oh, my life is so bountiful. I don't need a boyfriend to feel fulfilled."

You do not need a boyfriend to happy, just your non-judgmental breakfast club.

8. "We all try on old clothes from time to time and sure, we may even be surprised when they still fit, but that does not mean we should wear them again. Ever!"

Once someone has done you wrong many times, do not go back to them. Unless it is Chuck Bass. Always go back to him.

9. "One thing about being on top of the world: It gives you a long, long way to fall."

Celebrate how good your life is going and your achievements, but do not take it for granted. Stay humble.

10. "Sometimes you need to step outside, get some air and remind yourself of who you are and where you want to be."

Set yourself up for success. Sometimes you get distracted but always keep your end goal in mind.

11. "I fall asleep thinking about guys named Louboutin and Laurent."

Guys will come and go, shoes and handbags are forever.

12. "I don't wait around to be disappointed again. So excuse me if I don't fall for that, or you ever again."

Do not let people set you up for disappointment. If you do not like way you are being treated, change something.

13. "I'll just stay at home, eat lots of gelato and write about how true love is nothing but a myth."

Pretty much pertains to every aspect of my life.

You know you love me.

xoxo