Everything Rachel Green Taught Me

Everything Rachel Green Taught Me

Why I love Rachel Green and all of her life lessons.

195
Everything Rachel Green Taught Me
Tumblr

The beloved comedy TV show, Friends, has captivated its viewers for years with their vibrant, fun-loving cast of characters. With ditsy Phoebe, sarcastic Chandler, nerdy Ross, humorous Joey, and controlling Monica, I realized that I learned the most life lessons with Rachel. You can’t deny that Rachel Green is the perfect mix of being beautiful, intelligent, humorous, hardworking, and fun. These are a few of the best life lessons from the one and only Rachel Green:

1. Be awkward

From her high school age to adult life, Rachel Green has never failed to make situations in her life a little bit awkward. She embraces it though, awkwardness only makes life that more interesting.

2. Work hard

Rachel Green started from the bottom, but never gave up. Surrounded by her friends who were all successful in their own personal realms of life and in their careers, she was left to start over her career and shape it exactly the way she wanted it to be. Her passion of fashion was inspiring. With numerous bad interviews, unfortunate situations, and uncertain opportunities, Rachel eventually made her way up the corporate ladder with her passion. She taught us that it is never too late to start over.

3. Looks are important

Rachel Green knows this well. With her keen eye of fashion, she never disappoints with the way she presents herself. Dressing well and looking the part are key – she teaches us that by example.

4. Make a fool of yourself

It is acceptable to make a fool of yourself. Rachel knows this well, as life cannot always be serious. Rachel shows us that a little fun in life is essential and making a fool of yourself is essential in life.

5. Confidence is key

While making a fool of yourself, going through unfortunate situations, or just awkward times in general, you must approach every situation with confidence. Rachel Green exhibits confidence in all realms of life no matter what. You should live your life with no short of confidence in everything you do.

6. Men are not more powerful

She says it perfectly here. Rachel does not let anyone, especially a man, tell her what to do or dictate what she says. Use your confidence and be self-assured in knowing you are also powerful.

7. It's okay to be sad

Not everything is always going to be happy-go-lucky and even Mrs. Happy-Go-Lucky herself knows that. It’s okay to be blue, but do your best to push past those as soon as you can.

8. Have big, big aspirations

Big ideas and big dreams for yourself fosters your passions. Rachel Green is the epitome of having dreams and pushing to pursue them every day. So, hey, if you want to be president, go be president, follow that aspiration.

9. Men are beautiful

This is essential to know. Rachel has had her fair share of gorgeous men as we all know so we can credit her as a reliable source for sure. We learn that men are beautiful. There’s no denying that.

10. Sass is a necessity

Rachel Green gives no short of sass in her life. I mean, a little sass doesn’t hurt anyone.

11. Be direct

Rachel is not passive as she knows being passive does not get you what you want. Be direct, be upfront, get what you want and say what you want to say.

12. Love all your friends unconditionally

Rachel and Monica had an ideal friendship with the perfect balance of fun, seriousness, and love. Rachel shows us that your friends will always be the ones who stick by you through every situation. Keep them close.

13. Find your "person"

Rachel had Ross and Ross had Rachel. When you find them, keep them. That “person” will stick by you through everything and even when you don’t realize it, they are number one in your heart.

14. Follow true love

Rachel knew it. She knew she couldn’t stay on that plane. When you find true love, keep it, save it, do anything for it. Get off that plane.