16 Rules To Live By According To Blair Waldorf

Life lessons from Queen B.
15066

"Gossip Girl" provided us not only with our "one and only source into the scandalous lives of Manhattan's elite," but also with a strong, female role model. Years after "Gossip Girl" ended, Blair Waldorf continues to live on as a queen. Blair was an intelligent, driven, brave and loving young women. She didn't always have it easy, but she always held herself together at a high standard. In many moments since I've finished watching "Gossip Girl," I find myself asking, What Would Blair Waldorf Do? These are the Blair moments that have helped to guide me the most.

1. Don't underestimate what you're worth.

Blair was the queen of her city, and she wasn't afraid to admit it. Don't be afraid to know who you are and be proud of it.

2. Make sure others know what you're worth as well.

Blair was never afraid to tell someone what she was capable of, and you shouldn't be either. Don't let anyone underestimate you.

3. When people do underestimate you, make sure you prove them wrong.

Don't let the doubts of other people dictate your success. Blair always found a way to be the best, in her own way, at everything she did. You can be too, and make sure the haters know it.

4. You don't need anyone in your life that doesn't appreciate you.

When people hurt you and underestimate you, be strong enough to face them. Don't give anyone the satisfaction of seeing you fall.

5. Remind your friends to feel the same way about themselves.

Don't let your friends settle for less than they deserve. Even when it's not what they want to hear, always tell your friends what they are worth.

6. Be there if they don't get treated as well as they deserve.

And make sure you remind them what a fool that guy is for letting someone so amazing slip away, because there's no way they could find anyone better than your best friend.

7. Be there for your friends, no matter what mess they've gotten themselves into.

Love is unconditional. Don't let small, petty issues tear apart relationships and friendships that mean so much. Blair never did... at least not for too long.

8. Be there even when they say they don't want you to be.

...because that's when they need you the most.

9. Even though it can be difficult, be there in every way you can.

Blair was always there for her friends whenever they needed her, even if it wasn't what was best for her. Caring for others isn't always convenient, but it's worth it for the ones you love.

10. Although you let others rely on you, don't forget how important it is to rely on yourself.

Blair's world fell apart a number of times, but she always had the strength to support her self. Without independence, you will crumble.

11. But you can still ask for help when you need it.

No matter how independent and strong you are, it's okay to need someone every now and then.

12. Figure out what you want and fight for it.

Don't let anyone or anything stand in the way.

Don't wait around for someone else to make it happen. You are the only person with the power to control where your life is headed.

13. Find a life you can be passionate about.

Fashion was right under Blair's nose for her entire life and she didn't notice it for a long time. Choose something you are good at that you love and make a life out of it. It might not be what you expected, but it also might be the perfect fit.

14. Find a person you're passionate about to share that life with.

Even if you don't have the perfect fairy tale, never give up on the one you love. Chuck didn't always fight fair, but he always fought for the same thing: Blair. You can't ignore true love, so why fight it?

15. For everything in between...

16. When all is said and done, you'll find your happy ending.