Send Your Child To A School District That Has Plenty of Foreign Languages To Learn

If the school district provides the second language that the child needs to learn, then the parents do not need to teach the second language at home and pay a different school or tutor.

7
https://www.maxpixel.net/Foreign-Background-Element-Goobye-Greeting-Ciao-3250201

My school district only had Spanish and French classes. I have to learn Spanish only at elementary school and middle school. At high school, we get to choose either Spanish or French. My high school also had an APEX Chinese and APEX German class. APEX means learning the language on a computer only for one semester. They are optional classes. My classmates and I had to learn Spanish or French for at least two years so that we can graduate from high school. However, some of us needed the four years because the college that we wanted to go to required us to study a foreign language for four years at high school.

I think that my school district needs to provide more foreign languages to learn. Even though it has APEX Chinese and APEX German at high school, it is still not enough because there should be more foreign languages that students can study for a while. Not all of my high school classmates enjoyed learning foreign languages. Some stop after the second year because they did not want to do more work. However, I also thought that maybe studying the same foreign language all over again and not having plenty of other foreign languages to study made them lose their motivation. If my school district had other foreign languages to study for a while, then maybe my classmates would feel more motivated in learning foreign languages. Compared to my high school, my college provides a lot of foreign languages to study. The college students seemed more motivated in learning foreign languages than high school students.

Here is the one crucial reason why students should be sent to a school district that provides plenty of foreign languages. Some students have to learn a second language because of their parents. Some parents teach the second language to their children at home. Other parents send their child to a different school on weekends to learn the second language or hire a tutor to teach the second language to the child. Teaching the second language at home can be troublesome and time-consuming for the parents. Sending the child to a different school or hiring a tutor can be expensive. If the school district provides the second language that the child needs to learn, then the parents do not need to teach the second language at home and pay a different school or tutor. This is one good thing to keep in mind. At the same time, we also have to keep in mind which foreign language that the child wants to study.