Momfessions: The Things Not Told At Dinner

The Good, the bad, the ugly.

20
Credit: Tumblr

As a mom, there are a ton of things going on in my life every day. Sometimes I yell, I've spanked and I've forgotten one of the girls in the corner only to come back to find them asleep. Many moms have done a ton of things they're not proud of. Here's a quick list of confessions from some honest mommas.

1. My kids are trippin.

It was one of those days and I lost all patience. My oldest was trying to wrestle the youngest, trying to pick her up by her hair, trying to smother her and was screaming all day. She suddenly started running circles around my youngest when I thought about just sticking my foot out and tripping her. Before I knew it, I had and she fell on her face. She didn't cry, but I did. - Niki C.

2. Clean up in aisle three!

I called poison control when my son ate all my lipstick. Then we went to Kroger afterward. I was told he would be fine, but we got to the juice section and he hurled like no other. Of course it was red so some old lady called 911 thinking it was blood. I could have crawled under a bin. - Michelle L.

3. Late night snacker.

I love my chocolate ice cream and chocolate frosted donuts way too much. So most nights I wait until my kids are asleep to eat my ice cream so I don't have to share. I typically "sneak eat" my donuts. I'm more generous with them than I am ice cream. No shame. - Brittany B.

4. Code Adam.

I'm biracial. When my daughter was a baby, she had blonde curly hair, the exact opposite of me. I breastfed her so if we were ever out in public and she would start having a meltdown for milk, I'd rush to the nearest bathroom to feed her. I was always afraid that someone would accuse me of kidnapping a child. Fourteen years later and the kid finally looks like me. - Dushawn D.

5. Spoiled candy.

I have eaten the last piece of candy and told my toddler that it went bad so mommy had to dispose of it for him. - Leah B.

6. They don't make that.

When batteries die in our house, the toy dies too. I refuse to replace batteries. - Hannah G.

7. Diaper duty

If my husand is only a few minutes away on his way home, I'll save the poopy diaper chance for him and act like I didn't know about it. - Misty O.

8. Surprise visit

When I was younger, my mom told me we were going somewhere and it was a surprise. I was so excited and looking forward to it all day. She took me to the health department to get shots. I remember being so disappointed. - Emily N.

9. Elf NOT on the shelf

I told my kids their Elf on the Shelf ran away. All because I don't want to stay committed to moving the thing every night. - Danielle L.

10. Conviently closed

McDonald's is closed for cleaning...99% of the time when we pass it. - Nickie M.

11. Blame it on the hormones.

When my 3rd child was a few days old, my breasts were engorged...hard as rocks. I couldn't even lift them to put my bra on. My 4-year-old daughter was running a fever with a bladder infection. The school called me because my 8-year-old son had run into a tree at recess, and they wanted me to come look at him and see if he was ok to stay at school the rest of the day. So I put a shirt on over my braless, engorged boobs, grabbed my newborn and my sick daughter, and drove to the school. When I saw my son, his eye was so swollen! I just busted out bawling in the school office. I know they thought I was a lunatic. I finally calmed down, and I got all three of my kids loaded up in the car. When I went to put my seatbelt on, I saw the big wet circles on my shirt where my boobs had leaked...I just sat in the parking lot and cried! - Tara C.

The next time you find yourself shocked at your own actions towards or at your children, know you're not alone. We all have been bad moms and have awful confessions to back us up. Crap happens, that's why we have an abudence of baby wipes in every diaper bag.