The night won’t last

The night won't last, neither will the day

Moments of darkness are not there forever.

113
https://www.pexels.com/photo/astronomy-cosmos-crater-lake-national-park-dawn-262669/

Usually, when I listen to songs, certain words speak to me which is why I like to pay close attention to lyrics; I even have this habit of playing songs with lyrics on YouTube over and over. As I was listening to Do it again by Elevation Worship (for the 100th time), the line that captured my attention was " I know the night won't last".

I listened to this songs many times, but this has never touched me that deep. I started to think about The Night and said to myself the night can be any darkness, suffering, it can be the job you are desperately looking for, it can be the child you are trying to conceive, it can be the marriage you are trying the save, it can be the healing you are praying for, it can be the relationship you are praying for, it can be the unity in your family you are praying for, it can be your fall, it can be so many things that I cannot even begin to list.

While thinking about the many Nights that exists, I started to think of the ones in my life that I just I want to see some lights on already. At times I tend to forget that nothing works on my timing but on God's, maybe you do the same too. If you do, I just want to let you know that The Night Won't Last, that line was much needed for me in my current season. Our moments of darkness are just there for a moment, they are there to shape us, to mold us into the person that God created us to be, they are not there to kill us. Now, "a moment" can mean different length for different people.

Maybe yours might be two weeks, mine might be two years, your cousin's might be ten years. God deliver each and every one of us at the timing that is good in His eyes. SO, do not expect your deliverance day to be the same as your sister's. There was a time when I used to think that having a relationship with God would mean that all my Nights would go away. But, it is quite the opposite. The main difference between my then and now Nights is that now I don't go through them alone. Jesus told us that we would have those night moments, but the good thing is if we are in Him, we never have to fight alone.

John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Just like the night won't last, neither will the day. I love to believe that there are more good than bad days. There are certain seasons in our lives where everything seems to be working perfectly. You are walking, and you are screaming I am highly favored", yes it is a wonderful feeling, I love it. But, we have to be mindful that troubles will come. The troubles will come not because God doesn't love you, not because people hate you, not because "they don't want you to be great", but because they are part of life, and Jesus warned us. Remember that for as long as you are living in this flesh, there will be bad days, but take heart for there are more good than bad ones.

Like I mentioned in my article There Is Beauty In Your Brokenness, there is always beauty in your brokenness, you just have to find it.

Remember, moments of darkness are not there forever!

Xoxo,

DD