To The Mom Who Never Gets Enough Credit

To The Mom Who Never Gets Enough Credit

Mom, I am here to say thank you for all that you do every day for our family.
34

Moms are superheroes in disguise and they hardly ever get the proper amount of recognition for all that they do. So, mom, I am here to say thank you for all that you do every day for our family, you are truly an incredible and remarkable woman.

Somehow you wake up every morning before we are awake so you can make sure we have everything we need for the day and to give us a hug and a kiss and tell us that you love us. I mean I really am old enough now to where you don't need to wake up before me every morning, but I'm not going to lie, I really love getting a hug from you before I start my day. And I know for a fact that when we were younger, getting us dressed, fed and out the door was a heroic act in itself.

You do so much for our family and you never complain, because you're inherently selfless, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't be appreciated and recognized for all that you do. From the minute you wake up to the minute you go to sleep, pretty much everything you do during the day is for us. Whether it's getting us dress, changing a dirty diaper, making our food, helping us with homework or driving us all over God's green earth; somehow you get it all done with a smile on your face. I don't know how you have the patience but bless you.

You know the saying "moms know best"? Well as I've gotten older, I know that statement is true. A mother's intuition is incredible, you can literally read our minds without us having to say anything. And you have the maternal instinct that you can feel something is about to happen to us even if we are 100 miles away. It's kinda creepy but awesome at the same time. You also give the best advice and always offer a listening ear whenever we may need it, which is one of the most comforting things in the world.

You're also like a ninja multitasker and can get so much done at once like it's no big deal. Hopefully one day I'll acquire that skill because right now I still can't even pat my head and rub my tummy at the same time.

Mom, perhaps the most wonderful thing about you is your beautiful heart. You don't get told enough how beautiful you are inside & out. You love so intently and care so deeply for our family, and that love radiates within our home to make it the most comforting and safe place in the world. You sacrifice a lot for our family and I wouldn't have had the amazing life I've had if it weren't for your constant support, guidance, and encouragement if it hadn't been for you. You are the type of woman who would take the shirt off your back for a complete stranger, which is a woman rare and hard to find. You are so brave to have taken on the role of being a mother and I am so grateful that you are mine.

Thank you for being a woman to look up to and being the woman I aspire to become. Thank you for sacrificing so much for us and always putting us first, you didn't need to do that. Thank you for always being there for a hug or an "I love you". Thank you for being the most phenomenal mom in the world, there is no one else quite as special as you.

I love you mom.