Things I Want to Tell My Mom Before Her Wedding Day

To my mama before her big day

1970

Mama, I love you so much and am beyond excited for you. Here are some things I've always wanted to tell you.

You have a loving heart, one that aims to do everything for the LORD

"And whatever you do, do it heartily, as to the Lord and not to men" Colossians 3:23

I see this in your heart in what you do. I notice your loving heart working hard in school, working tirelessly to become an RD so you can show them Christ's love in one way or another. I have no doubt that your future patients/clients will see the Lord through your kind heart and actions. I know that deep inside, that is something you truly hope for. The struggles you've gone through are His ways of helping you become stronger, so you can help others who are ill, broken, and don't know Jesus.

You are accepting and love people for who they are

Mama, you see beyond my illnesses and learning disability. It means the world to me to have someone in my life who sees me as a Child of God and not as someone who is ill and struggles in school. Instead, you focus on my wonderful attributes. My loving heart, inward and outward beauty, silliness, a love for my Heavenly Father, an eagerness to help others in need, and of course my love for Chick-Fil-A and ability to eat a bag of Takis or hot Cheetos within minutes. Not only do you admire these about me, but you encourage me to focus on things I love about myself that don't relate to appearance or my illnesses. I thank you so much for that.

You and your FH demonstrate a Christ centered relationship

Although I don't know FH and have only interacted a couple of times on video chat, the qualities of your relationship are something I hope to have someday. I love how you and FH do scripture study, go to church together, and pray. I notice you two striving to seek the Lord together as a couple. I remember this plaque in my aunt's house. It states that marriage takes more than two people, as it involves the Lord. I know I'm still single and probably give awkward relationship advice, but put your trust in the Lord when times get rough as a couple. Turn to Him in times of trouble and when you need comfort.

Thank you for being my mama

Mama, thank you for being my mama, even when you don't have to be. Thank you for always being here for me, and listening to me cry over the phone for over an hour when I had COVID. Thank you for reminding me to eat every day. Thank you for encouraging me to go back to church, and get closer to my Heavenly Father. Thank you for late-night trips to Maverik to get food. Thank you for taking me to the temple so I can feel the presence of the Lord. Thank you for being patient with me when I am upset, struggling, or don't understand something. Thank you for taking the time to do a scripture study with me. Thank you for telling me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. I could go on for hours, but all in all, thank you for everything you do for me.

I will always be your little girl

Literally! I won't grow anymore and am barely 5 feet with a kid's shoe size of 3, so don't worry about me raiding your closet, taking your shoes, or outgrowing you! Haha!

On a more serious note, I know that you didn't watch me grow up, but you've watched me grow in other ways. You've watched me grow from a graduate student who didn't really know Jesus, was "forced" and felt "obligated" to go to church, to one who is strong in her faith and striving to learn more about Him everyday. One who had zero confidence and self love to one who is slowly learning to love herself. One who began graduate school and said that she wouldn't pass her statistics class (low self-esteem) to one who is graduating (hopefully) next month. Thank you for being a part in my spiritual and personal growth <3

You will always be my mama

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my mama you'll be"

As we enter new chapters in our lives such as a wedding and my graduation, you will still be my mama. You'll always be included in these new chapters such as getting to know my future boyfriend (I have a feeling that you or FH may want to get the "shotgun" out to keep those boys away), shopping for my wedding dress, my own wedding day, and the birth of my own children someday.

I  still hope we can make a TikTok someday!

I'd still love to see you carry around a Starbucks Pink Drink, eat stir fry, wear a black wig with black glasses, stick a rhinestone on your nostril, sport some checkered VANS, black leggings, and a Champion hoodie. Don't forget the eyebrows, puka necklace, pink velvet scrunchie, and mini pink backpack! LOL!

#momsoftiktok #actinglikemydaughterforaday

;)