Mohammed Bin Salman's Corruption And Controversies Make Him The Trump Of The Middle East

Mohammed Bin Salman is just as awful as Trump

120
Defense.gov

Mohammed Bin Salman, the crown prince of Saudi Arabia, is one of the most controversial leaders in the Middle East and a leader of one of the most hated countries in the Middle East. Here's why...

Weapons Deal

Mohammed Bin Salman doesn’t only make money off the large amounts of oil that the country extracts, but a large sum comes from the 110-billion-dollar weapons deal that he has with the US. Salman not only has a multibillion dollar with the United States, but he also carries a deal with the UK, in which recent allegations of selling weapons have unfolded.However, since these allegations Saudi Arabia is now making a 100-billion-dollar import deal with the UK.

In terms of the issues arising in the US for gun control, it must start with the supplier. Salman, being one of the US's largest weapons supplier, needs to be boycotted just as much as Trump and his administration. Salman plays a huge role in where the American gun owners receive their weapons and its thanks to him that the United States receives an exponential number of weapons a year.

Palestinian Conflict

This issue hits home for many Arabs that live in the Middle East. Mohammed Bin Salman has stated that Saudi Arabia supports the Palestinian people, however, his actions are contrary to what he says. Salman funds the Israeli government and behind the publics back, he makes effort to support Israeli actions solely based off the fact that it increases his bank account.

A lot of the funding that the Israeli government receives from Saudi Arabia is put towards the Israeli military in which, in turn, hurts the Palestinian people giving them less power to rebel and to speak their minds, giving more power to the Israeli army.

"Religious" Government

This is the most controversial topic that surrounds Mohammed Bin Salman and the Saudi Arabian government. Religion tends to be their core practice, however, being a Muslim myself, that’s not how the religion tells people how to govern. Saudi Arabia sets these strict laws and practices that have never been mentioned in the Quran, like public beatings or public executions. Saudi Arabia fines women who don’t wear the veils and cover their head, whereas, in the Quran it is never forced to wear hijab, it is "recommended".

Many Arab nations have Muslim governments that run on Muslim laws, however these Muslim countries have a deep dislike to the Saudi Arabian practices and think that Saudi Arabia is twisting the Muslim law to suit its needs and keep its people and businesses inside the country.