Becoming A Modern Day Ruth

Becoming A Modern Day Ruth

“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:30

1265
Becoming A Modern Day Ruth

When we are first introduced to the story of Ruth we meet a woman who is in mourning over losing her husband, the love of her life. Ruth is enduring a terrible suffering but is still choosing to serve others despite her pain. Ruth chooses to trust in God’s plan and rely on Him no matter the circumstances. Now I don’t know about you, but I would like to be a woman who chases after God’s heart and seeks Him no matter how hard the situation I am facing may be.

Through Ruth’s obedience to God, she created a life full of abundant love and blessings for her and her family. Ruth remained faithful to God and He blessed her. The following are some examples of how to become a modern day Ruth:

She is kind

“When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness.” - Proverbs 31:26

A modern day Ruth chooses to speak with kindness even when the return may not be the same. She speaks with elegance and grace showing her compassion for others. She chooses her words carefully depending on the situation at hand.

She is selfless

“But I say to you who listen: Love your enemies, do what is good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” - Luke 6:27-28

A modern day Ruth chooses to put others needs above her own. She chooses to bless those who are unkind to her. She chooses to seek the best in people even when they are the least deserving.

She is confident

“A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones.” - Proverbs 14:30

A modern day Ruth is aware of her worth and knows that she is a daughter of the King. She does not compare herself to others with eyes of jealousy. She does not look down upon other women in a judging manner but instead builds them up with her kind words and spirit.

She is humble

“Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.” - Ephesians 4:2

A modern day Ruth is hard working without expecting praise. She is willing to serve others for God’s glory rather than her own. She shows love and compassion to all who cross her path.

She fears God

“Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.” – Proverbs 31:30

A modern day Ruth fears the Lord and looks for His guidance in every situation. She has a consistent prayer life and relies on God’s will in every outcome. She knows that a relationship with God is the most important thing that she could obtain.

She trusts in God’s Plan

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11

A modern day Ruth trusts in God’s plan no matter how terrible the situation may be. She seeks God continuously and knows that He is just to provide. She chooses to obey God and remain faithful to His commands; because of this, she will be blessed.