I'm not sure about anyone else but I have heard numerous accounts of people of all ages feeling stressed out now that their daily lives have been disrupted. Whether it is financial insecurities, the loss of contact with the outside world, or fears associated with keeping up grades while worrying about the health of loved ones, we are all going through this together. So for the people of all ages here are some things to try and get you through this time.
1. Continue to make time for the things you love. For me that was attending coffee study sessions with my friends back at college, maintained now by Zoom calls with friends and Keurig K-cups.
2. Try breathing exercises. Taking time out when things start closing in can be the difference in the way your day will go.
3. Light a candle or burn oils. Yes even for the men who might read this, there is a reason us women do it. Smells have the ability to remind us of better times and will help relax your body much like a bath would.
4. Write it down. What are your fears? What were the highs and the lows of the day? Write it down so it stays in today and does not carry over into problems for tomorrow.
5. Along with the breathing exercises try stretching or light exercise. Not only will this benefit your health but it will relieve stress in your body and allow you to rest easier when it is time to get to sleep.
Stress is hard to deal with in normal instances and especially now it is even more important. Find the things that make you happy. Stay organized with your school and work loads. Know you are not alone in the way you feel.