Five Mindset Shifts For Every Millennial

We All Know Millennials Are Ready To Change The World. Start With The Right Mindset.

10
Stefan Stefancik

The years for the late teen and early twenties are exciting! There is so much change, so much optimism, so much growth, and so much ambition! The world is your tomato (or something like that) and our young, ambitious generation is ready to get out there and make some incredible things happen. This isn't a post about how Millennials need to be more patient, or that they are entitled, or whatever. This is about the 5 Mindset Shifts you need to be sure to have to help you change the world, just like you want to.

You Can Achieve Anything

Mindset is everything. The world is so much smaller because of technology. The Internet has given access to resources, people, and knowledge from all around the world. I know everyone knows the internet is a thing, but be sure to make the connection that because the internet allows to "be" anywhere and learn anything you can connect that directly to your own performance and success. I call this process to "Nix Your Limits'. A quick Google search (see, easy to access info) will tell you that Nix means to cut out, refuse to accept, or deny. Do not let your situation, anyone else, or even yourself put limits on you. You have the resources, you just have to figure out how to utilize them the right way to see the success you want to achieve. More about Nix Your Limits can be found here.

Follow Your Passion

By now, there are billions of people on this Earth. I know that entrepreneurship is a thing, but also know that the jobs we know of today encompass pretty much everything you can think of. How do you be unique then? You use the most unique thing about you: your passion. Whatever job you end up with, be sure you can follow your passion. In some fields, it is called a specialty. Find that thing that interests you most and go all in on it. Being specific actually helps you stand apart and also helps you to enjoy and be satisfied with your work. Be real, it would be more fulfilling to work the rest of your life for 200k a year doing what you love the most than to earn 1M a year doing something you hated. Play the long game, follow your passions.

You Must Work Incredible Hard

We have to get real for a minute. Not everyone is going to make millions online, or starting a business, or graduating from that dream school. It is hard. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Remember this simple rule: the higher the goal, the higher the coal. The further you want to drive that success train, the more coal you have to fuel the fire with. It takes work. Be patient and unrelenting in pursuing your passion. More on that later.

Life is All People

You will work with people every day for the rest of your life. Life is all people. The decisions of others often determine your success. This isn't to take any power away from you in creating your own maximized lifestyle, but instead, this is a challenge to stop trying to do it all yourself and involve others. Yes, you can probably do a lot alone. You will do so much more by involving and working well with people. Find a mentor, be careful who you let in your circle, and accept that you have to work well with others to truly see the success you want.

Communication is the Number 1 Skill You Need

If you want to get into your dream school, get hired, find clients, sell something, retain customers, or make money in any way you have to learn how to communicate. You can build an incredible product, or research and develop an amazing new method, but if you can't communicate your work, your strengths, and your passion to others then no one will ever know anything close to what you really can do. Learn how to work with people. Learn to foster positive relationships and positive interactions with those you meet. Always seek to understand and clarify expectations. Continually work on communicating. Your ability to communicate well can often compensate for gaps in your knowledge or talent. Try to be a better communicator every day.

That's it. Now Repeat. One last principle to share is that success loves speed. It doesn't matter the industry or the field, the quicker you get working on yourself, the sooner you will start to see success. Be consistent, be patient, and be unapologetic in pursuing your passion. You've got this.