In the Midst of Chaos, I Am Content.

In the Midst of Chaos, I Am Content.

How I'm learning to balance life as a freshman in college.

105
the ocean

"Your life seems messy now and that's ok. Chaos can feel like destruction, but it's also necessary for creation. Everything will align, and you'll see the beautiful madness of your experience finally make sense. Just hold on." -RH

My fun-filled summer has quickly made a turn to the chaos of a super busy schedule. Freshman year of college has kicked in, and truthfully I'm really excited. I love college already. Balancing life between work, school, studying, and time with friends and family has become a struggle though. It's a bit chaotic. Sometimes I feel like there aren't enough hours in a day, but I'm adjusting well.

I've often found my self in a state of depression when things have become chaotic, but this is different. I am at peace. I am content. I am learning that it's all about what you decide to do with the time you have been given. I've learned that I can't change the amount of time I get in a day, but I can change how I spend it.

College is all about experiences. I'm learning that daily. The people you meet in college are some of the best relationships you'll ever form. They're like family. You can relate to them, and you find yourself happier when they are around. In the short week that I've attended college, I have found so many people that have changed my life for the better already. I've formed relationships with people that I don't know how I lived without for so long. I can already tell that college will be amazing because I'll have them to lean on.

In my spare time that I'm not studying, I enjoy connecting with my family and friends. It makes life a bit less chaotic. Spending moments with people you love makes the chaos bearable. You can choose to dwell in the chaos, or you can allow the chaos to make you grow.

You have to learn that stressing over it will not make anything better. Stress manipulates you if you allow it to. Sometimes you have to realize that you can't change things. You can't control what's going on. You can control how you let it affect you though. You can choose to live a stress-free life even in the midst of chaos.

Freeing myself from stress was probably the best thing I could have done to start this semester. I realized that this is meant to be a time in my life that changes things. This is the start of how I will live the rest of my life. I realized that I wouldn't prosper by spending all of my time stressing over situations that I can't change. I found that taking problems by the horns and dealing with them as they come and then letting them be apart of the past when its time was the only way I could truly find peace.

Problems are gonna come. That's life. You have to manage yourself in a way that gives you the strength to grow through what you go through. You have to stop stressing over things that you don't have control over.

If you ask anyone that knows me, they'll tell you that my life is pretty chaotic, and some find it stressful. My friends say I stress them out. I seem to be the highest level of accident-prone there is. I find life chaotic more often than not, but I honestly wouldn't have it any other way. Chaos is beauty in my eyes. I usually find myself stress-free. I've learned to realize that my life will never fail to be chaotic. Something will always go wrong. I will probably always make mistakes and have crazy accidents. I've learned to prosper in those times.

It's okay not to be okay. I think so much in life we base our happiness on the sheer factor that things have to always go our way. If you live with that mindset, you'll never truly flourish. You'll find yourself hurt more than not. You'll never be content. When life hits hard, you have to hit harder. You have to go with the flow. It's okay to not always be prepared.

So, as this time of life is approaching me, I am content. I am happy. I am finding beauty in the chaos. I'm laughing and learning as I make mistakes. I'm living day today. I'm finding my short moments in between class and work to enjoy life. Those short moments are moments that I'll treasure always.

Learning to be content in anything the hardest thing to learn. It takes patience and lots of it. It takes time. It takes love. It affects all of your emotions. It's one of the best decisions you will ever make though. It teaches you so much about life. Being content no matter what is the best thing you can be. It allows you to always be happy even when life feels so chaotic. Don't call allow yourself to settle with the only contents though, go above and beyond. You have the ability to do anything you want to do, but make sure at the very least that you are content always.

College life is a struggle. It is absolutely stressful, and it makes you want to pull your hair out. College is one of the most important times in your life though, so allow yourself to enjoy it. Enjoy every single moment. Enjoy the life that you are being allowed to live. Be content with what you have. Don't beg for more. You have all you need. After all, Contintness is the greatest wealth you can inquire.

Sometimes the waiting and the process is where the magic happens. Embrace the chaos. Enjoy the moments. Love who you are and who you are becoming. Find the calm in the storm.

“To be content means that you realize you contain what you seek." - Alan Cohen