In The Midst Of The Chaos

In The Midst Of The Chaos

When we get lost, God is there to bring us home again.

86
In The Midst Of The Chaos
exploregod.com

A few days ago, I found myself face down on the floor of my dorm room.

I had not prayed in a long time. When I decided to visit my home church over the holiday break, I realized just how far I'd fallen from God. The temptation of parties and alcohol and other things had gotten the best of me over the past few months. I began feeling an emptiness inside me as time went by, but I couldn't figure out what it was.

I was under a lot of stress with tuition, classes, and the other wonderful pressures of college. I had no idea what to do anymore. All of a sudden, something came over me, and I turned on one of my favorite worship songs that has always helped me. I started praying and singing. I felt God's presence come over me in a way that I hadn't felt in a long time, and I fell to my knees.

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” -Matthew 11:28-30

I kept telling myself what a terrible person I was for falling away from my faith, but while I prayed, all I heard was "I love you." He is not mad, Jesus wants you to come to him. No matter how long it has been, he will always welcome you back with open arms. The love that the Father has for you is greater than anything you can find here on earth. That is something that has taken me a long time to realize. While partying and drinking can relieve stress for a few hours, it can do nothing compared to what Jesus can do.

I just encourage anyone who is feeling down, to take heart and know how much love God has for you.