Mid-Semester Blues

Mid-Semester Blues

It's mid-semester and you're already struggling. I know how you feel.

80
Mid-Semester Blues

You started off strong this semester.

You had your stuff together and had the thought of "This is going to be a great semester!"

Boom.

It's midway through the semester and you find yourself in the fetal position scarfing down Starbucks with your laptop and a textbook in your clutches. I know where you are right now.

You are NOT alone!

If you want to get down to the blunt and obvious, being a college student is HARD. It's even harder when you are involved in more than just being a student. Organizations, extra-curricular activities, and jobs take up a lot more time than people would expect. Not to mention that the majority of college students suffer from a mental illness of some kind like depression and/or anxiety. Add all those things PLUS being a full-time student into perspective and people might start to understand why your eye twitches on occasion and you have a slight caffeine addiction.

On the bright side, you have a whole second half of the semester to get back on track.

Wake up a little earlier, make yourself some breakfast or pick something up before class. Treat yourself to a relaxing bath one night. Sit down this weekend and read over all the things you need to do and block out time to work on those things, so you aren't thinking about them all at one time.

Maybe even head over to the Health and Fitness Center and wail on the punching bag that is on the track upstairs (people don't know you're crying if they think it's just sweat).

Whatever you do, don't panic. You've got this!

And if you happen to find yourself crying/sweating in the Fitness Center, or rocking back and forth with your laptop, I am still proud of you.