Soup is a great way to warm up and get some nutrients during the cold winter semester. This recipe for wild mushroom soup is simple, and you only need a microwave to make it.
It's perfect for those of you who are short on time or cooking skills. Best of all, this soup is affordable and will help you stay within your budget. So dig in, and enjoy!
What you'll need
- 1 tablespoon dried mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cheddar or quickmelt cheese
- 1 teaspoon chicken-flavored powder
- dash of pepper and salt
- Wash dried mushrooms and divide them into smaller pieces.
- Pour water into microwave-safe mug and add mushrooms.
- Microwave for 3 minutes in high heat.
- Add milk, flour, onion powder, and chicken powder then mix well.
- Microwave for 1 minute in high heat.
- Mix in butter, cheese, pepper, and salt.
- Microwave at 1 minute intervals until desired consistency is reached, and don't forget to stir.
Variations and tips
The most important part of the mushroom soup is well, the mushroom.
Button mushrooms would be the easiest to find, but there are plenty of dried, sliced mushrooms such as shiitake. Fresh oyster mushrooms would work as well, but don't forget to make it into strips.
If you are a vegan, you can try milk and cheese alternatives as you like.
Mushroom powders would work great too, such as Lion's Mane mushroom powder. Redditors say they can taste like crab or lobster. As a bonus, they are good for the brain and can enhance your productivity. If you use mushroom powders, you can skip the boiling process.
You can also make this recipe on the stovetop. You can even mix all the ingredients at once if you are in a hurry, and heat until the right consistency is achieved.
If you’re in the mood for a quick and delicious soup, look no further than wild mushroom soup. This recipe is perfect for college students who want to make a healthy meal without spending too much time in the kitchen. All you need is a microwave and a few simple ingredients. So next time you’re feeling hungry but don’t want to leave your room, give this recipe a try!