The Met Gala Superlatives

The Met Gala Superlatives

Who wore the most daring gown? The most creative?

57
The Met Gala Superlatives
Rappler

I am going to be honest: I wait all year to see the wild array of "designer duds" that stars wear to "fashion's biggest night out" each year. This year's Met Gala was one of the most exciting and entertaining yet. If you need any evidence as to why this year was the best yet: Kendall Jenner's statement piece was a La Perla thong. For me, Kendall Jenner's bold ensemble takes the cake for best ensemble of the night. Choose for yourself who you think wins for best dressed: I compiled a list of the top looks and put them in to some high-school-like superlatives.

Best to Take Home to Mom

Hailey Baldwin looked like a ballerina. Dressed in Carolina Herrera, the star oozed elegance.

Most Daring

The Met Gala marked the second time Bella Hadid looked STUNNING and was able to walk past her ex (The Weekend), and remind him just what he is missing (the first was famously at the VS Fashion show, a few months back). She mostly has her insane bod and Alexander Wang catsuit to thank for that.

Most Inspirational

Cara Delevingne's outfit was not just beautiful--it was necessary. She used her silver-painted hair to talk about the issue with societal beauty norms. She took to Insta over the weekend to deliver some necessary words: "It's exhausting to be told what beauty should look like. I am tired of society defining beauty for us. Strip away the clothes, Wipe Off the make up, cut off the hair. Remove all the material possessions. Who are we? How are we defining beauty? What do we see as beautiful?

Most Unforgettable

Zoe Kravitz is everything in this Oscar De La Renta gown. Fun fact: the black roses that line the bust and sleeves of the dress are actually real red roses died to black.

Most Old-Hollywood Glam

Candice Swanepoel has been pretty much off the radar since giving birth to her adorable son Anacá, but she stepped back onto the social scene in true supermodel fashion.

Most Creative

I really don't know if we will ever see the day when the world is not waiting with baited breath for a coveted picture of the Olsen twins together. Or at least a day when fashion trends are not completely influenced by the pieces they wear.

Most Presidential

Karlie Kloss is a girl boss. She started her website "Kode with Klossy," back in 2014 when she was learning to code. The site "empowers girls to learn code and become leaders in tech." Dressed in a simple but powerful Carolina Herrera tuxedo dress, she wowed.

Most Original

Supermodel Lily Aldrige stunned in this custom Ralph Lauren Collection piece. The silk, delicate nature of the gown paired with her fiery Balenciaga thigh-highs make for an unexpected, but amazing combination.

All Images are copyright of Getty Images.