11 'Fun' Debates That Will Blow Your Mind And Ruin Your Friendships

'Is A Hot Dog A Sandwich' And 10 Other 'Fun' Debate Topics That Will Ruin Your Friendships

Put your phone down and amuse your brain with these amazing debates.

25543

We spend so much time talking to our friends via Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. that we don't take advantage of actually having a face-to-face conversation. So, put your phone down. Invoke your creativity. Engage in friendly debates with your friends. It's not only fun with friends but it's also good for the soul.

1. Is a hot dog a sandwich? 

Peter Secan on Unsplash

If it's not a sandwich then, what is it?

2. Is Earth really just a simulation? 

Is everything we've ever known a deception? Some people believe so.

3. Is water wet?

samsommer on Unsplash

Is there "dry" water? Can ice be wet?

4. Is cereal a soup?

Peter Lewicki on Unsplash

If you pour milk into the cereal is the milk a soup?

5. Who would win in a fight? One 500-lb duck or 500 1-lb ducks?

Roksolana Zasiadko on Unsplash

Could the 500 1-lb ducks gang up on the one big duck or will the one big duck stomp out all of the little ducks?

6. Sock, sock, shoe, shoe? or sock, shoe, sock, shoe?

Jack Antal on Unsplash

Is there a right or wrong way to put your socks and shoes on?

7. What is more of a salad? Fruit salad or potato salad? 

Dana DeVolk on Unsplash

What even is a salad?

8. Loved and lost? or never loved at all? 

Nick Fewings on Unsplash

Is the feeling of love worth the feeling of losing it or are all of the feelings not worth it at all?

9. Do straws have two holes or one?

Toa Heftiba on Unsplash

Do straws have two holes or one continuous hole?

10. Are a dog's front limbs called arms? or legs?

Hannah Lim on Unsplash

Do dogs have 4 legs? Or 2 arms and 2 legs?

11. How do you actually pronounce GIF?

bruce mars on Unsplash

Like "gift" or like "jiffy"?