Meditation is easy, relaxing and has great benefits.

you should try to meditate everyday

"When there are negative thoughts consuming your mind you can easily identify them and think about what propelled their existence in your mind in the first place"

15
https://images.pexels.com/photos/1051838/pexels-photo-1051838.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=350

Meditation is a very simple, easy task that many overlook due to it usually not having any immediate benefits or because the 'zen' state it is known for, is very hard to achieve in the first tries. However, if the practice is implemented as a part of our routine, little by little one would get better at it as well as would reap from its benefits. The most important part is being consistent with the practice and going into it with little expectations. Even though having some form of expectations for the benefits of a newly started activity is important to keep one motivated to follow through with it, those expectations have to be tuned down for meditation.

Meditation's goal is essentially having a clearer mind and being able to filter out unnecessary thoughts, which comes over time. However, for some people, it takes more time to be able to achieve that state and there will still be some days when the mind is overflowing with thoughts or worries and being able to relax and tune into one's breathing won't be possible. Nevertheless, meditation is still worth it, for me personally I felt like I would be less impulsive and would lash out less on people or stress about things I should not stress about. Meditating regularly provides a space between the event and your reaction, which allows a calmer reflection on the appropriate response you should deliver. Moreover, you gain a more objective perspective on your thoughts. For example, if there are negative thoughts consuming your mind you can easily identify them and think about what propelled their existence in your mind in the first place. That way they don't control your mood or actions.

In order to meditate, you have to find a quiet spot where you don't hear any distracting sounds and where you can focus on your breathing. To start meditating it is best to count the second you breathe in and out. Once that technique is mastered without the interjection of any distracting thoughts, its best to focus on the breathing (the feeling of air tickling your nostrils and going inside your lungs, for example) and if any distracting thoughts do arise try to 'observe' them and letting go, rather than continuing further thinking about them. Lastly, another thing that helps is downloading 'binaural beats' which i the sound of two vibrations that vibrate at different frequencies which (some resources claim) can aid achieving a calming state. I am not entirely sure if that happens, but nevertheless, their sound blocks out any other distracting sounds or thoughts.

Good luck and happy meditating!