Making the transition to veganism can be an exciting process. You get to explore new foods and try out many new flavors. Best of all, you are well on your way to living a more humane, healthy, and eco-friendly lifestyle. With the vast array of vegan products on the market, choosing the ones that best suite your taste can be a long process. When buying faux meats not all brands are created equal. Some brands taste exactly like animal meats, while other brands have a more unique taste. In addition, some brands, for example, may make great veg-chicken but not so great veg-beef products.
This guide is for the vegan who wants their veg-protein to taste just like the real thing.
Beyond Meat Grilled Strips
Beyond Meat Southwest Strips
Gardein Chick’n Scallopini (all Gardein Chick’n has a good texture, however this one can be the most versatile when it comes to cooking)
Trader Joe’s Brand Chickenless Chicken
Simple Truth Brand
Gardein Beefless Burgers
Gardein Beefless Strips
Gardein Breakfast Patties (sausage)
Gardein Meatless Meatballs
Gardein Beefless Ground
Beyond Meat Beast Burger
Smart Dogs (Hot Dogs)
Gardein Pulled Porkless Pockets
Morning Star Hickory Smoked Riblets
Sweet Earth Hickory and Sage Smoked Seitan Bacon
Lightlife Smart Bacon
Betty Crocker Bac-O’s
McCormick Bac’n Pieces
Tofurky Pepp’roni (Pepperoni)
Gardein Fishless Fillets
Gardein Crabless Cakes
Vegetarian Plus Vegan Shrimp
Field Roast (Holiday)
Gardein Turk’y Cutlets
Tofurky Deli Slices
- Remember to season your food! Just like animal protein, some veg-meats may need to be seasoned.
- Do not overcook veg-meat. Typically veg-meat does not need to be cooked as long as animal meat.
- Use a recipe your first time.
- Reach out to the vegan community. Many vegans are willing to help out newcomers to the lifestyle. If you have a question do not hesitate to email or reach out to a more seasoned vegan.
- This is by no means an all exhaustive list. There are new products being added to the market all of the time.