10 Signs You Definitely Caught The Feels For Someone

If any or all of these apply to you, you are in deep

398
Unsplash

Over the past few months I've been noticing things I instinctively have been doing. I strayed away from my normal routine simply to impress one person. It all leads me to the conclusion: as much as I say I don't, maybe I am into him, just a little. Just because I...

1. You have a heart attack when their name pops up on your screen.

Ever just walk to class and all of the sudden your phone rings and you panic when you see it’s a Snapchat from that person? Even if it’s a picture of the floor, you are honored to have been on the streak list.

2. You have a heart attack when you see them when you are not looking your best.

Sometimes in the morning I am too tired to straighten my hair and put on makeup, so I go to class looking like I just woke up. It’s great, until you see someone you would rather not see when you look like the walking dead.

3. You have a heart attack when you see them talking to another girl.

Yeah, getting heart attacks is a sign that you are catching the feels. But, seeing that they are sitting next to a snack that is not you, might as well have just sucker punched me in the stomach

4. Having to watch what you say around them.

Ever spent your nights looking at their Instagram? Now you know that their cousin broke his hip when he went to Spain over spring break 15 years ago? But, you can’t let them know that you know their grandma’s dog sitter’s cousin has a 4 year old daughter named Anna who he met at a family gathering 7 years ago.

5. Their name comes out of your mouth more times than you have fingers.

Yeah, they are on your mind a lot. You just happen to slip his name in during most conversations of the day. So many times that your friend’s know him as much as you do.

6. You count down the time until you get to see them again.

Maybe it is a club meeting or the most boring class, but you get to see them so that makes it okay. It could be watching paint dry, but you'd still be a happy little pup.

7. When you don’t see them, it makes you sad.

For some reason, a planned encounter did not work out. It might as well rain because you are not in a good mood the rest of the day. Everything makes you mad until their name pops up on your phone again.

8. You look like a four-course meal when there is a possibility they are around.

You just happen to put on a little more makeup or curl your hair only to go to the dining hall or library. But, the effort is worth it, despite how long it takes. As long as they get to see you are looking good.

9. You think about conversations you have had and what you could have said to look less stupid.

Ever just get so flustered mid-conversation that you cannot figure out what to say so something stupid comes out and the feeling of regret and embarrassment come over you? You spend the next three nights thinking about how that conversation could have gone better.

10. A 2-minute walk to your dorm turns into 25-minute walk back to your dorm.

You know they have a Calculus class on the other side of campus, so instead of taking the 2-minute walk back to your dorm, you take the path around campus in the complete opposite direction of where you need to go, just because there is a possibility you will be able to say hi.

If any or all of these apply to you, you caught the feels.