6 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Hero

6 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Hero

"I may find my prince, but you will always be my king."

25
6 Reasons Why My Dad Is My Hero
Facebook

If you're like me, your dad was a very positive influence in your life. He worked hard and made sure you had what you needed. He did a lot for you and you feel like you never told him how much you appreciated him. Here are six things that I want my dad to know.

1. Leaving you and mom to go to school was hard.

You guys have been my rock, my biggest cheerleader and my guiding light. You taught me how to ride a bike, until I got upset with you and made mom teach me. You helped me practice softball on those late nights and helped me improve from being a bench warmer to a good player. When I was feeling down about a volleyball game, you gave me a shoulder to cry on and a listening ear. I could reach out to you about anything.

2. I do not just call you to ask you for money.

I call you because I miss you. I call you because I know you won’t be around forever and I want to hear your voice and laugh with you while I still can. I call you for advice on subjects like classes, big purchases and things that may have gone wrong with my car. I am so lucky to have a dad that is in my life and sometimes I need to remind myself of that.

3. You are still my personal banker.

You helped me set up my first bank account and apply for loans, and I am here to let you know that that will never change. I will call you and ask you what something means on my bank account and you will always have to help me fill out my financial aid. And although it seems like all of the time, I only call you when I am in dire need of some financial assistance.

4. I am still your little girl.

I still love when we can hang out on the back patio and talk about life. I miss our fishing trips and randoms drives where when mom asks where we are going, we tell her "crazy" and then walk out the door. Your phone calls make me smile from ear to ear, and when you text me random things, I laugh because I know you’re thinking about me. I cherish spending quality time with you even if it is putting together a patio on the hottest day of the year.

5. I appreciate everything you have done for me.

Thank you for being there and loving me. Thank you for listening to me on late nights when I have a nervous breakdown. I feel like I don't thank you enough but you mean a lot to me and I want you to know that I am very thankful. Most of all, thank you for giving me an example of what a real man is like and what I should look for in a guy.

6. You will always be the number one man in my life

(Sorry to my future husband). I will always love you, and even though I don't always show it, you mean the world to me. I feel like I can not stress this one enough. I may find a handsome prince, but you will always be my king.

I love you Dad,

Love,

Your Little Girl