I Got Married In A Hollister Dress And Have No Regrets

I Got Married Young, In A White Dress From Hollister, And 4 Years Later I Have ZERO Regrets

It didn't matter how old we were, I knew he was the one.

137
Ashley Sweeney

On August 14, 2015, I got married in the small little courthouse room in Pensacola, Florida.

And on that day, I wore a white sundress I found on clearance at Hollister and my husband wore his uniform. It was just me, him, and the witness who did our ceremony, and I couldn't be any more OK with that.

Looking back, I feel like we received some judgment because we had decided to get married at the justice of the peace without anyone present.

But the way I see it, a wedding is only important if the two main people are there, the bride and groom.

Now maybe our decision was haste, and it might have been nice to have a big ceremony with all our friends and family, but we also didn't have to spend thousands of dollars on an event that lasts one day.

We made the decision to get married young, and we did because of the situation we were in. My husband had just joined the Navy, and we wanted to make sure we got to spend the rest of our lives together, no matter where he was sent in the world, sort of what a lot of military couples decide to do.

It wasn't like we had just met months prior to getting married, we had been together since we were sixteen years old.

Maybe we will always face resentment because some might think we were too young or because we technically got eloped, but it will always be one of the best decisions of my life because I chose to spend the rest of my life with my best friend, regardless of age or where we decided to get married.

Now we have been married for four years, have a beautiful daughter, and a great life together, and I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.