Perhaps one of the greatest upsets in sports history, #16 seeded UMBC's basketball team slaughtered #1 seed, University of Virginia, 74-54. This surprising outcome left many fans in shock and set many March Madness brackets to flames. No sports experts or self-proclaimed "bracketologists" could have ever predicted UVA's loss. In fact, there are many unlikely occurrences that probably would be less surprising than UMBC's victory in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament.
Here are 25 things that seemed more likely than the outcome of this game:
1. Somebody would discover alien civilization on a foreign planet.
2. 9+10 would be mathematically proven to add up to 21.
3. Dinosaurs would recolonize the Earth.
4. Spongebob would pass his driver's test.
5. Fergie would be asked to sing the National Anthem at another sporting event.
6. The Bubonic Plague would arise again.
7. Donald Trump would have already finished his wall along the Mexican-American border.
8. Someone would come up with an explanation for the disappearance of ships and aircrafts in the Bermuda Triangle.
9. William Hung would win American Idol.
10. The planet would withstand another Ice Age.
11. People would actually like the new Snapchat update.
12. Somebody would provide hard proof that Ted Cruz actually is the Zodiac Killer.
13. The world would achieve consensus about how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
14. Food companies would start using Tide pods as a key ingredient.
15. Another MLB team would surpass the New York Yankees in World Series wins.
16. Someone would prove that switching to Geico actually won't make you save 15% or more on car insurance.
17. Kim Kardashian would divorce Kanye West to get back together with Kris Humphries.
18. Humans would begin to live on Mars.
19. We would all achieve perfect world peace.
20. E would be demonstrated to not actually equal mc^2.
21. Apple would go out of business.
22. Sarah Palin would actually be able to point out the Russian coast from her backyard.
23. An album would outsell Michael Jackson's "Thriller."
24. Somebody would finally figure out the meaning of life.
25. The Apocalypse
So, basically, anything.