10 Ways To Make Finals Week More Manageable

Your A+ on your Calc test awaits
61

Finals Week is a week that all college students hate. However, the more we dread Finals Week, the harder it is to get through it. Aside from simply staying positive, here are 10 ways to get through Finals Week:

1. Sleep

It may seem like there is no time for sleep during Finals Week. Even I sometimes say to myself, "The time I spend sleeping is time I could be spending studying." However, pulling an all nighter or cutting back on sleep may lead to chronic exhaustion or illness.

2. Vitamin C

Although most people do not take Vitamin C unless they're sick, it should be your best friend daily, especially around the time you can not afford to get sick (a.k.a.: Finals Week).

3. Strong Coffee

Starting your day off with a strong cup of coffee is the perfect way to get you through the hours of studying ahead. Your daily dose of Starbucks awaits.

4. A Killer Study Playlist

If you are someone that can not work in silence, you need to have the right study playlist. You shouldn't be listening to hard rock and roll or a catchy hip-hop song. Also, you shouldn't listen to a song that you know all the words to or you'll be compelled to sing along rather than focus. Instead, listen to some classical, acoustic, or other form of soft music, such as "Love Someone" by Jason Mraz or "Banana Pancakes" by Jack Johnson.

5. Down Time

Whether it's a facial, shooting some hoops, reading a good book, or going for a run, put down your calculus textbook and take some time for yourself.

6. Brain Food

Eating the right food is not only good for your physical health, but for your mental health as well. Throughout Finals Week, make sure to load up on wholegrain, oily fish, blueberries, tomatoes, B vitamins (chicken, eggs, & leafy greens), broccoli, and nuts.

7. Spontaneous Dance Parties? Sure, why not.

This method of making Finals Week more manageable may not be for everyone, but don't doubt it until you try it. My roommates will come back to the dorm after 8+ hours at the lib, blast some music, and dance the stresses of Finals Week away.

8. Turn Your Phone Off

That's right. I'm sure I am not the first one to tell you that your phone is full of distractions. Between social media, texting, and phone calls, your cell phone will nominate you the King or Queen of Procrastination.

9. Set Up A Schedule

Organization is key: Study, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.

10. Pass Your Finals!

Easier said than done, but hey, confidence is key. Good luck!