Makeup Tips From A Makeup Wannabe

Makeup Tips From A Makeup Wannabe

For those girls that are just too lazy to do fancy makeup everyday.

I've always had respect for people who are really good at makeup. In fact, one of my previous articles was about my thoughts while watching makeup tutorials. I find them incredibly fascinating. My one problem with them is that the makeup always looks so heavy. Don't get me wrong, it usually looks beautiful, but when you watch them put layer after layer of makeup on their face, you have to question if having that all on your face is actually comfortable. I've tried to get better at makeup. I have about three bags full of makeup at home. Unfortunately, I'm not as talented as all these makeup Instagrammers out there. And that's fine. I have my own makeup routine that takes me on average five to seven minutes, and I'm pretty satisfied with the way that's going. So here are some makeup tips from me, the girl that's admittedly not that good at makeup:

1. Get a good concealer.

If there's one thing I've learned from battling my acne all my life, it's that concealer is great. It fixes discoloration and makes pimples look less obvious. I'm not going to lie to you, you can usually still see that you have acne on your face even if you're wearing concealer, but it does look a lot less red. I use a Bare Minerals spot concealer and I love it. It doesn't dry me out and I put it on trouble spots and call it a day. I don't necessarily know how to apply concealer correctly. I use a brush and it seems to work, but there's a million different ways!

2. Under eye concealer is BAE.

Most people who read this will be college students, which means you're probably always tired/hungover. Which is why under eye concealer is the best. Mine is from CVS and I don't even remember the brand at this point. The brand doesn't matter (in my opinion) however the results of using it do.

3. Go light on the eyes!

Maybe don't go light if you're going to a party or something like that. But I prefer going light on my eyes for everyday. If I'm being honest, it's mostly because I am lazy AF and want to maximize my sleep time in the morning. For everyday, I just wear mascara. I have mad respect to the girls that do eyeshadow everyday because that is HARD. So since my skill level is just not there, I choose to do mascara with maybe a little light eyeshadow.

4. Face powder

I use Bare Minerals for my face powder too. It feels really light and natural, which I love. I don't like the feeling of having makeup on my face. I usually just put it over my blended concealer and it does the trick! Yay for being too lazy to contour!

5. Tinted lip balms are the best.

I like my lips a lot. I love lipsticks and trying out new colors. When I go somewhere fancy, I always try to take the opportunity to try a new lip color. For everyday, though, I stick to a tinted limp balm. It's easy and natural AND it gives me the color I want while also hydrating my lips. I LOVE Lush's tinted lip balm. It's my newest current obsession.

So this is my whole makeup routine for everyday. It's simple and easy. And I will continue to do this same makeup routine everyday until I learn how to do fancy makeup.