Review Of Mad Rex Restaurant and Virtual Reality Lounge

Try this unique and interactive dining experience in Philly!

12

If you're looking for a fun and unique restaurant experience in Philadelphia, try Mad Rex Restaurant and Virtual Reality Lounge. I went with my boyfriend this Tuesday and we both loved it. If you're into themed restaurants, Mad Rex is the place for you. Mad Rex is an apocalypse themed restaurant that draws on inspiration from Mad Max and The Walking Dead. Not only is this a cool themed restaurant and bar, but it is a virtual reality lounge. As the first virtual reality themed restaurant in the county, Mad Rex should definitely be on your list of places to try!

To add to the theme, there was a survivor menu and survivor kitchen. If you choose to order off of the survivor menu you food is served on a 500 degree stone, where you marinate and cook it yourself. I personally loved this feature of the restaurant because it was unique and I was able to cook my meat just how I wanted it.

After we finished eating, we were able to go to the Virtual Reality lounge. We had the choice of many different types of virtual reality experiences. Some were interactive and some were more movie based. The rate was $2.00/minute. We also found out that on Terror Tuesday guests receive 5 minutes free of any terror related VR program!

If you're looking for a unique and interactive restaurant experience I would definitely recommend Mad Rex!