A True Review Of Lumpy’s BBQ

A True Review Of Lumpy’s BBQ

A review on a barbecue restaurant in Clementon, New Jersey.

25

Let me just say that I have truly never heard of this place until my pregnant friend had a hankering for some barbecue ribs. I am definitely not the one to try new things, and I was honestly hoping my friend wanted our same old Chipotle gig again.

The exterior met me with a sign that read "No Spitting Allowed; fine between $5.00-$100.00." Immediately, I was mad at this friend of mine for bringing me to such an odd establishment.

However, upon looking over the menu, I was dazzled. Everything was affordable and boy did they have some good southern options. Cornbread, mac and cheese, baby back ribs, pulled pork, brisket, chicken wings... YOU NAME IT.

Let me tell you, the price was AFFORDABLE. I'm talking probably less than you would spend at Chipotle, or about the same.

A big girl like myself was very hungry! I ordered mac and cheese, cornbread, potato salad, a pulled pork sandwich, AND a fountain soda for LESS than 15 dollars! It was amazing. The cornbread was sweet and moist. The mac and cheese was a gooey perfection. The potato salad was thick, but not too thick. The pulled pork was smothered in a delicious barbecue sauce, unlike some places that are stingy with their sauce.

Now, if you're a fan of a place like Famous Dave's, but you're out here balling on a budget, then this is definitely the spot to grab your next meal! I'm not saying that they're underrated, but boy are they underrated.

You can eat in or you can take your food to go. Either way, I am sure it will be absolutely delicious. They even have daily lunch specials on their already affordable food.

The only thing I can't vouch for is the dessert because, unfortunately, I was too full to get any. But they have various pies and cheesecakes that I can't wait to try during my future visits there.

Definitely, money well spent. 10/10 recommend.