An Open Letter to My High School Friend

An Open Letter to My High School Friend

Rest easy my friend, you've done well

118
https://www.facebook.com/LucasEarlWeaver24/

Hi Lucas,

I never thought that I would experience losing a friend in high school, but on February 15th of last year, I did. You died doing what you loved, and that inspired me. You would greet me every time you saw me in the hall at school. But after you passed away, you taught me a hard life lesson. I want to say that I wished you could come back, but I won't. I will not struggle with the fact that you died so young because, in the end, God had a plan for you. I personally never ever wanted to have to lose a high school friend, but I've come to accept your death, and in a way, I am thankful that the one I lost was you.

Don't get me wrong, I miss you a lot, but the memories that you've given me, and the legacy that you left is truly one of a kind. Losing you Lucas was tragic, but sometimes we have to accept the negative events that we are faced with. Once we are able to understand the negative events in life, we can grow from them, and boy have I grown!

Personally, you had impacted me so much in a time when I was just starting to feel like I was part of the KSS community. I will miss you saying "Whats up Ian!" every time you saw me in the hall. You were the first to rekindle the flame in me that had been burned out all throughout middle school. Thank you for making me feel welcome at Klahowya.

I know that I am not the only one who doesn't go a day without thinking about you. When reading all of the posts from your family and friends, I noted that almost every one of them wrote about how you left an impact. Because of you, I understand myself better. Because of you, The community has gotten together to raise money to start a "Surface Water Recovery" team within the local Kitsap County Fire and Rescue, something that could save the lives of so many others. Because of you, the Klahowya Community has become more connected with each other.

I want to say thank you. Thank you for always being there for your friends, and for me. Thank you for being funny. Thank you for living your life to the fullest. Thank you for being you.

"...He was a young man who loved life and insisted on living it to the fullest. At the heart of Lucas was a giver who always put the needs of others before his own. He never knew a stranger, accepting of everyone with open arms. He loved his family and his friends fiercely and unconditionally and was never afraid to say "I love you." As deeply as he loved, that is how much he was loved in return. He will be deeply missed by all who knew him..."

- Lucas Weaver's Obituary -
Kitsap Sun Feb 19 2015

Rest easy Lucas Weaver, You've done well.

#KlahowyaStrong #WithYouKlahowya

Lucas Earl Weaver
Oct. 25, 1997 - Feb. 15, 2016