10 Signs Your Best Friend Is Also The One That Requires The Least Amount Of Upkeep

You kind of have this unspoken pact that you are never “drifting apart,” even if you don’t talk for months at a time.
302

I met my low maintenance best friend over seven years ago when we were placed in the same Sunday School class. Our friendship grew throughout high school, even though we both went to different schools, had crazy busy schedules, and extremely different lives.

For as much as we didn’t see each other, you would think that we would have drifted apart. But, our friendship is still going strong three years into college with both of us living even more complicated lives.

The amount of movies we have watched, calories we have consumed, struggles we faced, tears we have cried, and memories we have made over the years together are remarkably special to me. What is even more special to me is the nature of our relationship.

Maybe you can tell from this description of our friendship which friend of yours if your low maintenance best friend.

How to know if you have found your low maintenance forever friend:

1. You don’t talk a lot

You don’t have that kind of friendship where you have to talk to each other every day. You kind of have this unspoken pact that you are never “drifting apart,” no matter if you don’t talk to her for days, weeks, or even months at a time.

2. Your main form of communication when you guys are away for school is tagging each other on Facebook

I mean, we still have to entertain each other somehow! And tagging them in anything that reminds you of them is the easiest way to entertain them and let them know you are thinking of them.

3. When you are both on break from school, you know you are about to catch up on several months of not seeing each other

The chisme is real, y’all. Honestly, drama is even more fun to listen to when it is told in the form of an epic of months rather than just a chapter a day.

4. You are both so tired from everything else that when you guys actually have time to hang out, you don’t do much

Other than watch cheesy movies, sleep and eat (a lot).

5. Actually going out and doing something rarely ever happens

And when it actually does happen, there is only about a three-hour span of time you have before you both decide that you would rather be home in bed watching more movies and eating more food.

6. Somehow they know you better than most of the people that you talk to on a daily basis

It never ceases to amaze me that there is such a high level of non-verbal communication. Or how they can predict what you said in a story you are telling them before you can even tell them? Or how they know exactly what you will order when you go out to eat.

7. Their family knows that they won’t see you again until the next school break

The last text message I got from my LMBF’s mom was, “She is back in town, so I guess I will see you soon!”

8. But when you to get to see her family again it is kind of like a mini family reunion

You get caught up on how everyone in the family is doing, who is marrying who, who got a new job, etc.

9. You have definitely talked about moving away together so you can actually be around each other

You have also probably discussed how you are going to raise your kids together so that they can share what the two of you do.

10. You wouldn’t trade them. Ever.

You would never be able to forget about them even if someone came into your life that was offering constant contact. Let’s just be honest, constant contact would annoy you anyways and you just love her too much!