Love Yourself Before Anyone Else
Dating

To The Girl Who Worries About Everyone Else But Forgets To Worry About Herself

As children, we are taught to put others before ourselves, but we cannot forget to give ourselves some attention.

974
https://www.pexels.com/photo/afterglow-backlit-bokeh-dark-556658/

By now, we all know that life is tough, and if it has not been tough for you, there is a big chance that it will get tough because that is just how life is. We tend to get caught up in making sure that everyone we love is okay, but we forget to check on our own selves. How can we be of any help to others, if we are not helping ourselves?

It took a while for me to realize it, but I need to take a step back from worrying about others and start worrying about me, and whoever is reading this should as well. I know that it is difficult to just stop worrying for others because it is impossible to do that. We love so big that it is almost like we absolutely have to worry about others.

I am not here to give you advice on how to deal with this situation, but I am telling you to not forget that you are still a living, breathing person, not a robot. I feel like a robot sometimes. I get up at the same time every morning, go to class, eat lunch, go to another class, and then go home to do it all again the next day. How in the world am I supposed to fit "self-care" in my routine? Well, sometimes that lunch break is when you can reflect on yourself, or that drive home. Driving is honestly the best way to have some me time. I personally love to blare Ariana Grande's "Sweetener" on my drives to and from school, or if you are in the mood for more calm music, Ed Sheeran is an excellent choice.

It has gotten to the point where I cry at least once a day, not because my life is terrible, but because my life is and has been so great. I see the people I love suffering from heartbreak and illness and I feel like a part of me is suffering with them. I came to an ultimatum a couple of weeks ago. I realized that I have no control over what happens in some situations, so worrying about them will not make them any better. The best medicine is to care about yourself, and then you will be happy. Better yet, that will rub off on those who may not be in the happiest of situations. Then, everyone is happy. Spend time with the ones you love, especially the one you should love the most, yourself.

Put yourself first for a change.