A Love Like My Parents

A Love Like My Parents

The best love story

40
A Love Like My Parents
Carlyn Romeo

Over the years I have begun to appreciate the love my parents have for each other more than ever before. My parents have always been my role models and the people I aspire to be like one day. There are many characteristics and traits my parents have that I hope to one day also have in my life. Their love being one, my parents are just like any ordinary mother and father who raised two daughters. They fight, they get annoyed at each other but they love each other so deeply. They have both made so many sacrifices in their lives to make sure my sister and I have the lives we dreamed of. They have also done that for each other. They are best friends over anything, and it shows in their sacrifices they make. When I was younger seeing my parents kiss, or honestly, touch in any way made me want to cringe. But now I look at it in a whole different light. I see it now as them expressing their lasting love for their best friend. You see love in movies and on TV shows it looks so magical and wonderful, you think to yourself I want a love like that. That is the type of love you look up to. For me it is so different I look up to the love my parents have for each other.

I am grateful every day for the love that brought my parents together and created my amazing family, without there love my life would not be possible and I owe all my success to that. I owe everything I have done in my life to the love of two people. When we are kids we do not think about the love our parents share as anything more than them being our mom and dad. We do not think of the way they met, or the fights they have shared, we do not think of the good times they had before us that brought them here and we do not think of the rough times they weren’t sure they could make it through. We just think our mom and dad, but there is much love behind that. They have a story that leads us all to where we are now. The most important story in your life. Our parents started off like all of us, confused, not knowing what they were doing or whom they would end up with but look at it now. We are here now to experience the love with them.

So now when you look at your parents and cringe because they kissed or they are holding hands, don’t. Take that cringe and turn it into a smile. The love of your parents is the best love story you could have, it is the reason you are sitting here right now living the life you want. The love of two people made everything you have experience in your life possible. A love we should all aspire to have. I aspire to have a love that changes lives just like the love my parents share for each other. A love so strong the world can see it.