My Parents Are The Reason I Believe In True Love

You have taught me the most important lessons in love.

3412
Andrea Cameron

“Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same” -Emily Brontë

I could travel the world a million times and I would never find a relationship as strong as my parents. Their love is real. It is the kind of love that people only dream of. It is the fairytale ending that most people give up on finding. Without them showing me what love is truly supposed to be like growing up, I wouldn’t believe in love at all.

Growing up, I never questioned my parents love. Their connection has always been something out of this world. They are true soulmates, lovers, and best friends. This is certainly not their first lifetime together. There is a chemistry and understanding between them that I have always felt, and I will never settle for less because of them. I will never settle for a man that does not show me the kind of love that my own dad shows my mom. My dad is the best man I have ever known and he would give everything and anything up for my mom, and for our family. Without my dad I wouldn’t know how love is supposed to be.

I can't think of a time when my parents weren't always hugging or showing each other affection. Every morning when my mom walks downstairs into the kitchen for her first cup of coffee, my dad hands her the mug and gives her a giant bear hug. He tells her something along the lines of “Good morning, honey,” or “I love you.” Their love requires no effort. It simply exists in the purest form. It is to them that I owe my ability to love. I compare every relationship I’ve ever had to the way theirs is. I find it hard to believe that a truer love can exist in this world.

My parents met 28 years ago, and they’ve been married for 25. My mom told me that she just knew that my dad was the one for her. In fact, she told my dad on one of their first dates that she would marry him tomorrow if he asked her. I told her she was crazy, of course, and that I couldn’t imagine saying that to a boy so soon. However, my dad felt the same about my mom because ever since their first date they have never left each other’s sides.

I can’t recall many fights between my parents as a little girl. They would bicker about things once in a while , but they would never scream at each other or make the other feel small or unappreciated. They never hurt each other intentionally. There’s a mutual respect they hold for each other and to me that is one of the most important aspects of any relationship. They communicate with each other just like twins and with one simple glance the one knows how the other is feeling. This unconditional love they share is enough to make anyone wonder how God made this perfect match in heaven. I am so lucky to have watched their love grow throughout the years,

So I thank my parents for showing me what true love is. By them loving each other, I have learned how to love in return. There is no greater gift I have ever recieved than my parents, my very best friends. All of your lessons will stick with me for the rest of my life. The way you love each other is what makes me believe that my happily ever after will come true, too. I love you both infinitely.
From Your Site Articles