A Love Letter To Tri Delta

A Love Letter To Tri Delta

"Good times never seemed so good."
28

Dear Tri Delta,

Being in a sorority was the last possible thing in my mind when coming to Creighton. I was honesty more concerned about what classes I should be taking or the service work I should be doing. After many conversations a very close friend I was finally convinced to give recruitment a try. Recruitment was something that I enjoyed but honestly would never do again. However, every time I went to the Tri Delta room I slowly but surely began to fall in love. It wasn't until the last day of recruitment when I was practically in tears from hearing a senior read a letter that I realized I had to be this chapter.

You gave me girls who are willing to dance to a Beyoncé's "Crazy in Love" or Selena's "Hands to Myself" no matter how crazy we look. How can I forget all our crazy moments during recruitment when we were running on less than 5 hours of sleep but still managed to look flawless and have a dance off? Not to mention all our philanthropy events, parties, formals and retreats together. I feel as time goes by in the chapter our friendships grow bigger and stronger. You gave me these best friends, future bridesmaids and soul mates that no one could ever replace. Honestly the only thing stronger than our sisterhood is our love for St. Jude. (Not St. Jude's).

Speaking of giving me awesome girls I know, thank you for my big. She is honestly my inspiration. She teaches me everyday on how to always look at the positive side of life no matter how bad things get. She is my partner in crime when it comes to concerts. How many people are actually willing to go to another state to see a band that isn’t even in the top 10 charts? Who is willing to go to walking 10 blocks downtown just to buy fries and ice cream from a food truck with me at 1 in the morning? As for my little, thank you for joining our family and I can’t wait for our countless of adventures that lie ahead!

I know this might sound cheesy and cliché, but thank you guys for helping me feel at home. You guys accepted me flaws and all. Your encouraging words have taught me to love myself for who I am in a time when I did not love myself. You pushed me out of comfort zone to be a leader and a person who speaks her mind. Without you guys I would have never found my passion of giving to others. I don’t know how many of you guys actually read this letter, but I just want you all to know I am eternally grateful to you guys.

Delta Love,
Nora