A Love Letter To God

A Love Letter To God

A gentle reminder of the reasons I get to love the One who created me.

7316
A Love Letter To God
Jorge Schulz

Lord, I love You.

I know I don't always show it. My actions don't always reflect it. I don't always show love. God, I know that I put other people and things before You. I know I'm really bad at loving You like I should. BUT, I do love You. Thank You for loving me so greatly even though I fall short so often. Thank You that Your love for me isn't determined by how I love You. God, thank You for not showing me conditional love. I love that You love me unconditionally. Thank You for loving me even though I'm broken and messed up. Thank You for loving me, despite my faults.

Lord, I love that You created me in Your image. I love that I am Your child, Your treasured possession... that I'm Your good possession, called out of darkness into light. God thank You for telling me that all I have to do is seek You, and I will find You. God, I thank You and love that if I come near, if I draw near to You, You will come near to me. I love how You know me better than I know myself. God, that You created me in my mother's womb and You know the number of hairs on my head. That You know when I sit and when I rise, You know my thoughts. God, I'm so thankful that I can come to You with all of my worries, doubts and anxieties. I love that You care about me. I love You because when I'm tired and my heart is heavy, I can come to You for rest. You carry me because I can't walk alone. God, I love You for sending Jesus. I love that it. is. finished. That the veil is torn, the "holy of holies" is no longer a place. I love that I can come directly to the Lord God Almighty... and call Him mine.

I can speak directly to my God. To my Abba, my Father... my Daddy. God, I love that You let me call You my Daddy. I love the promises of heaven that You've given to me. I love that with You, I have nothing to fear. You are my strength and my shield, my Help in times of trouble. God, I love that You're the One who created day and night, water and land, humans and animals. I love that You created vast galaxies, but also the smallest of molecules and atoms; that You made different varieties and species. I love how You're the God of the great and mighty, but You're still the God of the tiny and miniscule. I love that You made color. I'm thankful that You're a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

I love that You saved me. I love that over five years ago you sent someone to save my life. I love that You gave me someone to tell me that suicide wasn't the answer. I love the beautifully, intricate story of redemption You've written for me. I love that You show me beauty in the pain. I love that You've made this life worth it- that You've given me purpose. I love that You've given me courage to admit it when I'm not okay. I love You for giving me good people. I love that You've given me life. I love Your ways. I love that You've called me to youth ministry. God, I love You. I love You for bringing the right person along so I would write this love letter. I'm so thankful that I've been gently reminded of why I love you. I love You because I have all of these reasons to choose joy and be thankful and love even when life doesn't go my way.

God, I love You because when I said life wasn't worth living, when I wanted life to be over... You declared, "I'm not finished with you yet." Thank You, Lord, God of Heaven, for still having purpose for me... even when I struggle to find it.