A Love Letter From "The One"

A Love Letter From "The One"

He loves me like Jesus does.

32
A Love Letter From "The One"
Facebook

This is a long read but I think it's worth it.

According to Sonic Syndicate (along with many others such as Shakespeare), “the eyes are the windows to your soul”. With that being the case I can honestly say that I myself have looked into the eyes of an angel, a beautiful creation of God that is here to fight alongside me for God. It all started the moment I first met her. We had just met in an airport and I remember the moment she cast a glance at me, I was automatically struck with curiosity about the beauty she held that her eyes portrayed. Little did I know, but by the end of this trip, those eyes were going to sweep my feet right out from under me. As we rode the train to leave the airport those eyes looked up at me and smiled. My heart raced and my cheeks felt as though I just walked around in the mid-day sun, but I was determined not to let that show. I myself was intimidated by the beauty I witnessed as even her touch sent electricity through my body in a way that left my hair standing straight up. As the time came for us to go our separate ways, I could not shake the feeling that this would not be the last time… at least I knew I would not let it be if I could help it. As those eyes rode away, they stared into me as mine stared back. This encounter left me speechless as my mom was on the other end of the phone trying to figure out where I was standing. In those moments I knew every part of me yearned after the beautiful soul I just encountered and I would not let myself let her go. Little did I know that this woman, this soul, this angel was the love of my life. Her eyes tell it all. From the way she looks at me to the passion she has for God and serving others. Those eyes tell a complete story that I never want to stop listening to. They embody the very essence of beauty that comes from God. They shine green with the beauty of the spring trees, glow hazel in the light of the sun, and melt my heart every time they are cast in my direction. The eyes are windows to the soul and I pray that our children have the same beautiful windows to their soul like their mother. Those eyes will never fade because they come straight from God. Every morning when I wake up I always want to look into her eyes.In the beginning, God first created man, but He knew that man needed a companion. So what did God do? He took part of the man and used it to create a woman to be his lifelong companion. How often do we really think about this concept? If we stand back an think about it, women were created as the most beautiful creatures on Earth in whom God chose for man to love the most. Each and every man has one less rib than a woman. I believe that soul mates exist, but I also believe that those souls are also connected physically through the human body. Each man gave up a rib to the woman God knew to be that man’s soulmate. “The woman of his dreams” so to speak. Being a part of a man that God knew before man was even born, such that God took that man’s rib and used it to create the woman in whom that man would find nothing but the utmost beauty and perfection. I believe this to be true and I believe that she was made from the rib God took from me. She is everything I have ever wanted and that most certainly includes physicality. She has the most amazing figure! She can wear a t-shirt and make my heart go crazy and my blood pressure rise. She embodies the shape of a Goddess in my eyes. Perfectly fit for whatever may come her way. Able to run, hike, and thoroughly enjoy all the adventures in life. God carved every bit of her out of what he knew I would want in a woman. Her arms are smooth and delicate, yet not frail and helpless. Her legs embody the very image of sexiness and perfection from her thighs down to her scar (which I honestly really like and I think makes her legs unique) and continuing on down to her soft feet. Her arms and legs are nothing but mere compliments of the core of her body, which holds the perfect figure. She portrays herself through the natural beauty of her body and every bit of her is exactly what God knew I wanted. From her tan skin to her belly-button piercing and her absolutely stunning and meaningful tattoos. She embodies everything I ever dreamed of and more! I only pray that one day she may see herself through my eyes. God shaped her to be more beautiful than the highest mountains and the deepest rivers.There’s a song by Dispatch called “The Flying Horses”. In this song the main character meets the woman of his dreams and she has the most beautiful hair. She gave him a locket of her hair and that was one of the only items he held to remember her by as he never saw her again. The story goes on from there in the song, but the point is that a woman’s hair is part of her identity. It's the part of a woman that God has given them that personifies who they are. Her hair is amazing and absolutely flawless. Stroking her hair is my favorite thing to do when she rests her head against me. Her hair is so soft and it always smells amazing! Her “messy bun” is always on point and makes most others jealous and wonder how she does it! She really takes care of her hair and it compliments her beauty incredibly well! Her hair shows off its natural highlights in the sunlight and expresses a beautiful radiance that only few get to witness. Each lock of her hair is like a treasure that any man would be honored to hold. As her man, I look at her hair as a visual representation of her strength. Much like the bible story of Samson and his hair. Her hair holds locks of angel hair. The kind not many recognize, but for the few that do, they know how much of a treasure it truly is. She holds the beauty only God could produce and the strength, beauty, and radiance of her hair exemplifies the beauty she has within and it is a feature of hers that highly compliments the beauty she holds both within and outside the body.

When you think of feet, the generic idea is dirty, gross, and often pretty smelly. Even in biblical context, washing feet was a job done by only the peasants or servants and was considered to be an unclean job. Symbolically and literally, Jesus kneeled down and washed the feet of others. This is a testimony to what really is the ultimate act of servitude. Washing feet. As followers of God we are called to wash the feet of others and travel around the world on our own feet to spread the word of God. When we wash someones feet, we are also helping to prepare them for the walk they have ahead of them with Jesus. We are all here to walk with Jesus. Recently at a youth retreat she and I attended, we were given the opportunity to wash each others feet. She washed mine and I washed hers. This experience was much more than her washing my nasty feet that were still recovering from my recent hike in Switzerland. This was an act of showing our hearts for each other. Our hearts to serve each other like Jesus serves us. These feet that I washed were not just being washed to keep them clean for the night. These are the feet of the woman I will walk with for the rest of my life. These are the feet that will walk down the beach with me, the feet that will cuddle up to mine on a cold night, the feet that will walk with my children when they cross the street, the feet I will massage after she has had a long day, and the feet that will walk with me towards God.

God brought she and I together, there is no doubt about that! One of the first times I ever heard her speak, she was talking to the youth pastor about relationships. The questions she had were not the usual ones that everyone generically asks. I remember remaining quiet through the conversation because I did not want to interrupt everyone else who seemed to have an opinion on the matter, but the whole time I prayed to God “Please give me the opportunity to talk to this woman” because I could tell that her heart was exactly where mine was and has experienced what my heart has experienced. It was the moment we talked on the plane that God answered my prayer. We ended up sitting next to each other and the whole flight back we never stopped talking. That conversation changed our lives. Afterwards I read her articles she posted on the Odyssey. I still remember that night vividly. As I read through these articles I began to feel like she was telling me my own story in many respects! I got an even deeper glimpse into her heart and I knew that my heart desired hers! That night I prayed for hours to God about her. I asked that He would have His hand in this and if He so called me to lead such a powerful woman like her that He would give me the strength to do so. I knew this was more than anything I have ever experienced before. Her heart had me from the moment we had our first conversation. From the way she pursues God to the way she loves others, she consistently leaves me in awe. Not even a week after she and I began dating, we went on a mission trip together. I do not believe this to be a coincidence at all. This was the moment God answered all our questions about each other and she got to see my heart for God and even more so, I got to see her heart for God. Since that mission trip, she and I have been going through a couples devotional and are now on the last week. This whole experience has allowed me to dig deeper and deeper into the heart of this amazing woman. The woman I truly love, admire, and am infatuated with as she and I keep our hearts after God.

<

I love you most ardently,

L