A Love Letter to My Boyfriend

A Love Letter to My Boyfriend

If you are lucky, you might find your prince charming sooner then you think.

977
A Love Letter to My Boyfriend

I have always dreamed of my prince charming. I imagined him in so many ways, like most girls do. I always pictured us being together forever. All of a sudden, I was an eighteen year old girl who was starting college. I had a boyfriend who I was almost certain I would marry. He was the second guy I had ever told I love you to, and meant it. Things were shaky between us in my first semester, needless to say, he called it quits while I called it a blessing.

Being a newly single college kid, I wanted to explore everything there was I became more interested in my career path for the future and I also started to enjoy myself more on campus than ever before. Then some kid, who had been trying to "hang" out with me since the beginning of school, became a sudden interest of mine.

Hurricane Matthew was bound to hit the coast of South Carolina, but it wasn't supposed to do damage near us since we were nowhere near the beach. We were shocked to see that the power went out at school and trees along with power lines were down, but what was even more shocking was that night, in the dark, I would befriend my future boyfriend. That night, along with the many others that followed are history, but when it comes down to it, I am happy to say that my boyfriend is my prince charming.

I never imagined dating him and I always said I wouldn't dare, but everyday proves more and more to me why I am happy I did. He is my rock, he holds me together when I feel as though I may come apart. He is my knight in shinning armor who protects me and loves me unconditionally for me. No matter how many times we fight, no matter how many times we get fed up with each other. There is no one on this earth whom I rather be with.

Jeremy if you are reading this, know that I am so happy to have you in my life. You truly do complete me and make me feel at home. I know that sometimes relationships don't work, but I sure do hope ours does, because you are the only person that I want to be with. You put up with my crazy mood swings, you cuddle with me, and you relax me when nothing else seems to do it.

Please keep this in mind too Jeremy, I love you with all my heart and I promise you these three things. For as long as I live and as long as we are together, I will cherish you when no one seems to care, will hold you when times get to be too tough, but most importantly, I will help you and guide you through all I can. There will never be a bridge you can't cross or a stream you can't jump. This I promise you, until my last breath.

When you think it's you who is holding my hand, remember it is the other way around.