Loving Long Distance

Loving Long Distance

Long Distance can be Hard But This Is One Way to Look at it.

540
Loving Long Distance

Long Distance Relationship.

A long distance relationship is very challenging. Often you hear the phrase, "out of sight, out of mind." It is very difficult to not see your loved one and know they are only a short drive away. Knowing how their day went, seeing happiness in their face after a good day is something that you learn to appreciate when you only see them so often. Or not seeing the exhaustion or frustration in their body language and learning and knowing what they might be needing for you at the moment. Trying to interpret their text messages or voice over the phone is difficult and can often lead to misunderstandings or arguing. Feeling unconnected is very frustrating in a relationship, especially when there is no way for you to get together and reconnect.

However, Long distances relationships can be a blessing in disguise. Often Distance makes the heart grow fonder. Being away from them for so long, having good days and wanting them to be there to celebrate with you and being there with you. When you have bad days there is nothing that you want more then to have them there to make everything go away and to make you feel better. However, wanting something that you can’t have often makes you want it even more. Keeping the love and passion alive and it often sticks around longer in long distance relationships because of the distance everything is more exciting and might keep the passion alive a bit longer and the relationship takes longer to become day to day.

Being in love and having them out of reach all the time is like waiting for your birthday or Christmas, every day. Waiting and waiting for the day you want to come is exhausting. This is where some long distance relationships fail. They get exhausted and either the relationship begins to be a burden on them and or they look for what they are wanting for closer to home with our without talking to their loved one or not. The excitement and over powering love you feel when you finally see their beautiful face smile at you. If this feeling if only for a few hours is worth the last weeks, months for some even years. Then you defiantly have something to fight for.

The key to this is both parties need to want the relationship to work more than the drag on the lifestyle. It is constantly a tug of war every day, every time you get out of bed you make a continues decision to make it through that day so it is one less day that you need to fight through until you make it to the day you are waiting for.

For those in a long distance relationship, I tip my hat. I myself fight this battel every day. We are fighting for love. For the day that we no longer need to wait for the day, wait for the time we no longer need to count the days down to keep ourselves in a positive mood.

For those who know someone in a long distance relationship understand what they go through. It can be exhausting and some patients and understanding is all we ask. Letting us be sad or down because we are feeling a bit beaten and the wait is taking its toll or if we are overly excited because the numbers are getting smaller and we may even be counting down the hours.

Love is the best thing that we can fight for. It’s especially worth waiting for.