Why Louise and Tina Belcher Are the Best Creations of All Time

If you haven't seen Bob's Burgers, you're doing it wrong.

697
WIRED

"Bob's Burgers" has been becoming an increasingly popular show, and the majority of viewers have the same opinion as me about it—it is a realistic show that does not glorify anything.

The characters are drawn with average sized bodies. There are no perfectly-shaped hourglass figures as the main characters, the family is not perfect by any means and they struggle with money, like most people.

I originally was going to make this post to dedicate Tina, but then I deleted it and changed it to Louise, because I feel that Tina is talked about too much, and Louise does not receive enough credit. In the end, I decided to give them both a post, because since their personalities are so unique, there is no way to compare them.

Let us begin with Louise. She is an energetic nine year old that does not take no for an answer. She stands up for herself and often gets into trouble. There are also many other traits about her that are unique and lovable.

1. She is completely protective over Tina and Gene

OK, maybe "completely protective" isn't the best word, but she is protective of her siblings when someone other than herself upsets them. She is a typical child that enjoys picking on her siblings, but she does not give anyone else those special rights. She will go to the end of the Earth to track down the person that upset her family.

2. She doesn't sugar coat anything

A lot of people hate saying the complete truth without adding some sort of happy spin to it. Louise is not one of those people; she will tell people flat out exactly what she thinks, and she does not care how much the truth will hurt them.

3. She has an interesting definition of success

Whether it is slapping a celebrity or making it rain shrimp, Louise accomplishes many things that few people would accomplish in their lives. The main reason for that is that no one would even want to do half of the things she does, but to each his own.

4. She is prepared to take charge of any type of situation

Her age does not define her fiestiness. She is always a loaded gun, ready to aim and fire at any second. She is prepared to win any argument, shatter someone's self-esteem, or solve any crisis.

5. It doesn't take much to please her

She is one of the few children that actually became excited when she received a device to remove security tags as her only Christmas present. She needs very little to please her, because she appreciates the little things in life.

6. She doesn't even need friends

Her mom actually had to plan a sleepover behind her back because she was becoming concerned that her daughter refused to have friends. Needless to say, Louise did everything in her power to put a stop to the sleepover.

7. She knows how to sway people to be interested in just about anything

It is clear that Louise is going to be a future car saleswoman. She is persuasive and great at talking people into buying things. Not to mention that she will at least attempt to push any product or idea, no matter how bizarre.

8. She is fearless

Many children are afraid of their own shadow or monsters under their bed, but it is nearly impossible to scare Louise. It took days of planning and the whole family to be involved to finally give her a scare for Halloween.

Now, moving on to Tina...she is even more awkward than Michael Cera, but that does not stop her from living life to the fullest. She is funny and does not let the haters get her down.

1. It is clear when she is nervous

Some of us are masters at hiding our nerves, or we at least don't make it so obvious. Tina on the other hand, is a master at showing her nerves. She becomes extra awkward whenever she has something on her mind.

2. She even has special movements for when she is nervous

One of the surest signs that Tina had made a giant mistake or experienced a huge cringe-worthy moment is when she slides down to the floor.

3. She isn't afraid to express her creativity

Tina doesn't let those haters get her down. She has turned every TV show into an "erotic friend fiction" and she even went to the extent of reading one out loud during lunch. Her stories are unique and creative, and although they are incredibly strange, she isn't afraid to show the world her writing skills.

4. She is inspiring

Tina is the piece of glue that always holds the family together. She offers advice, inspirational messages, and is often the mediator for arguments.

5. She makes you feel better about yourself

If you think you are a bad driver, you will feel so much better about yourself after watching Tina hit the only car in the parking lot.

6. She isn't conceited

Tina is always stepping up to the plate and taking action in a mature, calm, adult manner (unlike Louise). The best part is that Tina does not even want to take credit for her success- she wants to be recognized as a normal person.

7. She is smooth

Despite her dorkiness, she proves that flirting is possible, no matter how awkward your personality is.

8. She knows how to be herself

After trying to fit in with the "negative influence" in school, she realized that she did not need to wear makeup or tie her hair in a ridiculous fashion to stand out. She learned that she does not have to force herself into partying and sneaking out of the house to have fun—she is happy just the way she is.

I am hoping that if you did not like Tina or Louise, you realize how awesome they both are after reading this. If you have never seen "Bob's Burgers," I suggest that you immediately open Netflix and begin watching, because you will quickly realize that you have not been living life to the fullest by missing out on this show.