Why I Have Lost Respect For Women Supporting Trump

Note: Not a Pro-Hillary article.

11
www.politifact.com

"When you're a star, they let you do it." No this isn't something Justin Bieber said, but rather Donald Trump the current GOP nominee for President. Now, before continue, I want one thing to be clear. This is not a pro Hillary article in the slightest. After this, I won't be mentioning her. But I wanted to say it now before you thought this was just another 'Vote for Hillary!' article.

As a recent college graduate, I now have more of a broader outlook on my future and the world at large. In college, I'd sit with my friends in class and recount our weekends. Often times a girl would laugh off a random guy she made out with or make a joke about waking up next to a strange guy the next morning. I never thought twice about it I always thought about it being so typical of college.

In recent months, we've seen more than one case of rape blow up in the media with lenient sentences. First it was Brock Turner who got off for raping a woman behind a dumpster with only a six month sentence and ended up being released after three. Then there was high schooler David Becker who was charged with assaulting and digitally penetrating two women at a party. He was only given probation because the judge didn't want to ruin his chance of going to college.

Both of these cases sparked outrage at the lack of justice being served and rightfully so. But how is it okay that a man who's running for President can say something and so easily be forgiven?

On Friday October 7, a decade old tape of Donald Trump and Billy Bush talking surfaced and it was damning for the Donald. He referred to a woman whom he attempted to sleep with and how he “took her out furniture shopping. She wanted to get some furniture.

I said, "I’ll show you where they have some nice furniture." That sounds like something a college guy would say to his buddies over a drink at a bar. He continued by referring to grabbing women by the 'pussy' and it being okay because he was famous.

In a country where rape is such a heated topic with the lack of consequences recent rapists have faced, I expected the fall out from this tape to be much more dramatic. But I was wrong. Immediately I saw on social media people using the whole 'Bill Clinton did it' excuse. But he isn't running for President.

Is Bill Clinton this upstanding, amazing guy when it comes to his past conduct? Absolutely not. But you can't blame use him as a scape goat when yo do wrong. That would be like me getting caught with pot and saying 'Oh well Justin Bieber did it see.' You cannot blame someone else for their behavior when you have done the same thing.

It is alarming the amount of women who are okay with this whole mind set of well Bill Clinton did it don't forget that! So if someone was to rape you it would be okay for them to say it was justifiable because Brock Turner did it? No it wouldn't.

So why is a man like Trump rising in the polls when he seems to degrade women at every turn? How can I as a woman consciously support a man who cannot own up to his actions and looks at women as second class citizens? How could I look my future daughter in the eye and tell her I voted for him?

As a woman, I'm disgusted with the words that he has and continues to use to describe women. We need someone who pushes for EQUALITY. Not someone who talks out of their butt. We don't need someone who is a liar either. As a woman, it is alarming to see our country taking a giant leap back. We have a woman running who by all accounts is not truthful and a man who makes rape culture seem okay.

This is the best us American's could do? I refuse to vote for someone who views me as a lesser being because of my gender or looks at me as a piece of meat.

Just think: Do you want Donald Trump in the Hall of President's at Disney? Didn't think so.