Where to go this summer incase you end up in Los Angeles!

Places To See During The Summer: Los Angeles

From my own personal experience, I'd check these out.

160
https://travelmassive.com/chapters/los-angeles

It's summer of 2018, and there's only SO much to do! Living in San Diego, there's plenty of beaches and a diversity of food places to experience. While my cousin came to town from San Fransisco, I decided to explore between San Diego and Los Angeles with her. We enjoyed the day so well... It went ten times better than it was to be planned and I'm so thankful. Heres a list of the places we found/roamed to:

1. Knotts Berry Farm:

Boomerangupload.wikimedia.org

We started our day driving all the way to Orange County to visit Knott's Berry Farm (I'm blocked from Disney until August). We went on a weekday so there was the online weekday ticket that was cheaper than a regular-day ticket which saved us about 45% off of the regular price. The best part is that there was BARELY any wait time! Honestly. We got there around opening (10:00 a.m.) and finished basically the whole park around one in the afternoon. The most we waited for a ride might have been at least half an hour. The rest was so quick and moving. If you haven't been in the past four years, I recommend catching "Hang time" which is the new ride that replaced "Boomerang." I won't spoil the works of it btw, so just go try it out. I was testing my anxiety to. the. max. and I mean it's somewhat worth it in the end but MAN IS IT SCARY.

2. Newport Beach

Newport Beachupload.wikimedia.org

After realizing how early we finished the park, we decided to make the best out of our day. Therefore, we cruised over to Newport Beach. An Anaheim local advised us to head to this beach more than anything and it was for good reasoning!! The place was beautiful! The streets, houses, the grill, and bathrooms on the beach were clean and well taken care of... and it was just obviously known because there was a lot of people there. The water wasn't too cold or too 'warm'. It felt great for being outside in Los Angeles in almost ninety-degree weather. DONT FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN. Like I said, we went so last minute and unprepared... the burn was real.

3. Anaheim Packing District

Anaheim Packing Districtc1.staticflickr.com

After thrill rides and the beach... man was we HUNNNGRY! We snacked here and there and had brex on our drive up.. but the sun and crazy 'dying' feels from thrill rides makes a huge appetite! Therefore, we hit up the packing district. I've been here only once, so I knew what was around the area. I was trying to make the best of it for my cousin and was so happy that we loved the place just as much as me! There is so much to choose from. It can go from ice cream, boba, and crazy popsicles if you're just looking for a snack.. and there's 'actual food' like ramen, Japanese food, poke bowls, bbq food, and more. The place is known for its scenery too. There are beautiful plants all around and cute tables or swings that you can sit on while licking your dessert; And right in the middle, there's a 'Photo Spot' where everyone takes photos on a big white wooden chair to capture all the scenery and 'vibe' of the place.

4. Fashion Island

Fashion Islandupload.wikimedia.org

This was a "f*** it" moment where we just had more time on our hands and nowhere to go. Finding this place quite close, we walked around this shopping center and caught a few deals at F21, Victoria's Secret, Macy's, and etc. They have a pretzels place and star bucks for you to grab while walking around. But nothing else too exciting other than to shop til' you drop (:.

Now, these were the few places we knew wasn't worth going to due to all the things we've already done but would still love to share just in case it catches your attention...

The Loop:

Been here once. Pretty cute place for pictures and 'Instagram post-worthy moments'... but the food was just regular soft-serve and a looped churro that isn't as great as the ones down in San Diego (if you know.. you know). Like I said, it's worth at least trying once and getting that 'cute photo' look (just as I did here).

Disneyland:

May I even explain why this is a must see...The magic, the food, the people, the shows, the fireworks, the characters, the rides, and the atmosphere is just always surreal and I will never get enough of it.

xoxo,

Princess J