7 Essential Drinking Games That Everyone Can Turn Up With

Drinking games to spice up any pregame.

5161

Drinking games are universally one of the easiest ways to enjoy a good night of drinking with the squad. Also, it is that time of the year when going out and walking 20 minutes to a party or the bars seems less and less like the move. "What is there to do?" some might ask. Well, the answer is simple — drinking games! These seven drinking games will certainly entertain for hours on end.

1. Beer Pong

What you need: 20 solo cups (10 each side) and 2 ping-pong balls

Set up 10 cups in a triangle formation at the end of a table (4 cups, 3 cups, 2 cups, 1 cup) and fill each up about 1/3 of the way up with water. There are 2 teams of 2 people competing against each other trying to be the first team to make ping pong balls in each of the 10 enemy cups. Pair up with someone on the other team, and if they make a ball, then you drink.

2. Flip Cup

What you need: 1 solo cup for each person playing

Make 2 teams with an even amount of people in each. Fill up your cup with a shot worth amount of whatever you choose to be drinking. The person at the head of the table drinks their drink and tries to land the cup on the top by flicking the bottom of the cup with the finger off the table and landing it on the table. Once the person in front of you makes it, then it is your turn to go. First team to finish wins.

3. Harvard

What you need: 12 solo cups, 1 solo cup for each person playing and 1 ping-pong ball

This game combines beer pong and flip cup into one. Set up a six cup triangle (3 cups, then 2, then 1) at the end of the table. Fill those up 1/3 of the way up with water. Then take your own personal cup and fill that up with a shot of your drink. There are 2 teams of equal people. To start, it is one-on-one beer pong until one person makes the ball into a cup. After the ball is made, it turns into flip cup and each person (including the shooters) is included. The first team to finish wins. If it is the team that made the ball into the cup then that cup is taken off the table, but if it was the other team the cup stays on the table. The first team to clear the table wins.

4. Medusa

What you need: however many shots wanted

The shots are put on a table and everyone who wants to play gathers around the table where everyone can see everyone. Everyone starts with their head looking down at the table. On the count of 3, everyone will lift their head up and stare at one person. If you are making eye contact with another person you shout "Medusa" and both of you take a shot. If you aren't making eye contact with someone, you are in the clear and don't have to take a shot. The game ends when all the shots are gone.

5. Drunk Jenga

What you need: Jenga and a marker

Get as many people who want to play around a table where the Jenga game will be placed. Everyone writes a rule on a Jenga piece. This can be anything. For example, it can be something simple like 'take 2 shots' or 'give 2 shots,' or something like 'take a drink for every letter in your name.' There are a lot of lists of good, fun rules online if you search 'Drunk Jenga rules.' The person who knocks the tower over has to finish a full beer.

6. Cup Swap

What you need: 2 cups per pairing and 1 spoon per person

Fill one cup up with a drink. Pair up with another person playing. Put one minute on a clock and then start it. In that one minute, one person uses the spoon to scoop as much of their drink into the empty cup as possible. After the one minute is up, the person scooping has to drink whatever he/she failed to scoop into the empty cup and the other person paired up has to drink everything that was scooped into the empty cup. Then each player switches their role and it gets repeated.

7. Most Likely

Everyone needs a drink

Everyone gathers around in a circle. One person says a statement like 'most likely to black out tonight,' and everyone playing (on the count of 3) will point to someone playing. The person with the most fingers pointing at them has to drink. This continues around the circle with everyone saying something.