Hulu Is Releasing A Series Based Onn John Green's 'Looking For Alaska' And I Have HIGH Expectations

Hulu Is Releasing A Series Based On John Green's 'Looking For Alaska' And I Have HIGH Expectations

This is John Green's best book and you can fist fight me about it if you want

1872
Flickr

The other day, I was minding my business watching a cliche Hulu show when an advertisement popped up, as usual. Now, this wasn't any old Hulu ad, it was an ad for the new series "Looking For Alaska."

When I tell you I screamed, I screamed. To put this into simple terms, I did not know what to do with myself. I was in the middle of getting ready for school with half my contour on when I had to pause my whole life to google if this series was really happening.

I was in 9th grade when I read this book. I was obviously a little late because the book was released in 2005 and it was probably 2014 when I read it.

Nonetheless, I read it and enjoyed the heck out of it. I normally get pretty sad and empty after I finish a book, but this was just different. I felt lost for a few days after finishing it because the book was just that good.

Also, I was in 9th grade and I was angsty to begin with so you can't expect much. I specifically recall researching whether or not any movie would be made about it and to no avail nothing was being made. I was heartbroken, of course. I eventually got over it because it's just a book.

I cannot imagine how the people who read this book when it first came out feel, considering how I feel just 5 years after reading it. Many of them may be well in their 30s and late 20s.

They would have been waiting much longer than I have. Why did it exactly take someone so long to turn this book into a movie/series? I have no idea, considering many of John Green's books have been made into movies way sooner.

Was the book just so good that nobody had the guts to turn it into something more and feared failure?

From the looks of the trailer, I have high hopes. Now, I'm not a very critical person so I am more than positive that I'll be pleased. However, not everybody is like that. This is a beloved book and Hulu is going to have a lot of weight on their shoulders.

I think they can carry it. The book offers an amazing plot that is not going to be hard to follow. With it being a series, Hulu has more opportunity to not leave any details out.

If they were to choose just to do a movie, things would most definitely be left out, which every book reader dreads when it comes to movie versions. I am very happy that they wisely chose to do a series.

Hulu, I am thankful that you stepped up to the plate. I will be cheering you on through my computer screen.